• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

toyota 4runner seat belt buzzer

flyingbuz

How do I turn off the seat belt buzzer on my 2010 4runner. I know its there for safety but the darn thing buzzing is getting on my nerves and id like to turn it off somehow.

RogerToyota

I found this on another website see if it works for you.

Just got told how to disable the alarm for the seat-belts. Ofcourse you should allways wear the seatbelt when driving, but on occasions it seems terribly annoying

This is how you do it - sorry for my bad translation

Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"
Turn power off
Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button
After 10 seconds, fasten the seatbelt
Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on

RobertJC

These instructions apply to 2009+ Tacoma as well. I'd be surprised if the 4Runner is different.

In step 6 you have to keep holding the odometer button while you fasten the seat belt. Don't let go of the button until step 7. Toyota's instructions for this sort of thing are very literal - you must follow them exactly. When step 6 says wait 10 seconds, use a clock to measure at least 10 seconds. In that step, more time is OK - it can be 12 seconds, 15 seconds, etc.

LairdBrother

I wish there was a way to turn of the seat belt alarm on any car. I know its for safety but if your driving a car your probably a adult and can decide whether or not to wear your seatbelt. I know in my wifes 2010 town and country the darn thing beeps forever if you dont buckle up.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Why won't they just invent a 4runner that scolds you when you're not wearing a seatbelt? You might want to argue with your car if that happens! LOL!

jimmyno

Just got told how to disable the alarm for the seat-belts. Ofcourse you should allways wear the seatbelt when driving, but on occasions it seems terribly annoying

Turn power off

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on
Thank you. This is very helpful. Your post is very much appreciated.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Did it work? Just curious if that solved your problem or not.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
It seems like we're losing more and more freedoms like this all the time. I NEVER drive anywhere without my seat belt ... but then I've been in major accidents before that I just walked away from them. However, if I'm just sitting in my truck and going to back out of my driveway or whatever, I don't need a seat belt chime to go off.

- - - Updated - - -

... there should be a switch I think.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I think a seat-belt chime is a little crazy. People should be responsible enough to put it on without being reminded. I wear mine whenever I get in and drive somewhere. It saves lives.

supernovax3

100 Posts
I agree, they can certainly be annoying but I actually know quite a few people who don't wear their seatbelts much and they need an annoying beep constantly going off to pressure them into wearing it. Also, I'm sure everyone here puts on their seatbelt as a habit, and feels naked without it, but I think every once in a while, maybe something trips up your routine and you could forget and that chime could save your life. It's incredibly annoying when I'm just moving around my driveway or something, but eh. I'd rather be annoyed by it when I don't need it than not have it remind me if I do forget.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Yeah, like I said though ... I always wear mine too, but it's just annoying that it chimes and IMHO it should be an option to turn it off.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts

Turn power off

Nice info.. Thank you

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
How do I turn off the seat belt buzzer on my 2010 4runner. I know its there for safety but the darn thing buzzing is getting on my nerves and id like to turn it off somehow.
@flyingbuz how are you doing? This is the most viewed thread in the 4runner forum by far.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Again. This is a very popular thread. How many people got value from this thread?

Related Content You Might Like: