• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Towing capacity

DK12

Hi all, I have a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4X4 and this weekend is my first tow. The book says I can tow 3500lbs, I’m going a little over with this haul, has anyone had any experience with the towing with a Tacoma and what was your tow weight? Thanks in advance

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
There are a lot of factors that come into play when towing. Engine size, GVW, brakes, ect. You may be able to pull it,but can you stop it. Are you towing on flat land, or in the mountains? There is a safety factor built in to an extent, but you have to look at the whole situation. Hell a Tundra towed the space shuttle. That is a real, true fact but, it was done under ideal conditions, and very very slowly, and with a ton of supervision. Also an other fact to consider is, towing anything with any weight to it, is very hard on the drive train. Rear end and transmission especially. When you exceed the manufactured specs, and have an issue,it can lead to voiding your warranty, not to mention if you have an accident, it will only add to your libility.

jimmyjim

ditto. stay within the spec limits. getting a moving violation citation gets very expensive in a great big hurry.

Related Content You Might Like: