• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Thinking of lifting an 88 Pick-up

Rylanbegley

I own a 88 Toyota Pick Up (reg cab, short box, 4x4, 31 inch A/T's, no lift) and I'm unsure of lifting her. The tires ride alight and don't rub unless i turn the truck nearly as hard as it will turn. I would like to give her 2" of lift (or 3" at the most) but as far as I can tell the only lift kits available online are 4" suspension. So I thought I might just do a 2" hockey puck body lift on her instead. Any body know any pros/cons to doing the 4 inch suspension or a 2 inch body?

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
there are pros and cons to all lifts if it was me i would go with suspension lift just for looks i hate to see a truck with a body lift that you can see straight through the fender wells int the rear and dont raise the bumpers up. with a body lift you will get more body roll in turns than you would with a suspension lift but on the other hand a suspension lift you put more strain on the joints and trans. but really its all on what you want to do with the truck

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
For that year and model truck if your only looking for a few inches for tire clearance a bodylift would make more sense.
Use pond liner to make new inner fender skirts to cover the gaps.
What backspacing do you have on your wheels?

Lester

An 88 pickup eh? That's got some years on it. How successful have you been at this body pickup project? I'm just curious, just in case.

antonino

100 Posts
I think, trucks are are older are more vulnerable to lifts, modifications, and other creative tinkering of owners. Of course, me too, if I have a brand new truck, I'll never do any mods to it. So an 88 pick-up is a perfect victim for "lift-me-to-look-better". LOL. But I agree, "
Use pond liner to make new inner fender skirts to cover the gaps." as mentioned by tbplus10.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I own a 88 Toyota Pick Up (reg cab, short box, 4x4, 31 inch A/T's, no lift) and I'm unsure of lifting her. The tires ride alight and don't rub unless i turn the truck nearly as hard as it will turn. I would like to give her 2" of lift (or 3" at the most) but as far as I can tell the only lift kits available online are 4" suspension. So I thought I might just do a 2" hockey puck body lift on her instead. Any body know any pros/cons to doing the 4 inch suspension or a 2 inch body?

Hi! any updates here Did you go for the lift?

Related Content You Might Like: