• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Technical website /wheels

ToyBliss

I’m really close to buying a new Tacoma and would like to try to find a reliable technical resource. The SR/SR5 comes with 245/75R16 tires /steel wheels, the TRD Off-Road comes with 265/70R16 tires /alloy wheels. The SR can be upgraded to alloy wheels, still 245/75R16 which is much narrower than the 265/70R16.
I want to “downgrade” to the narrower tires because I want better traction in mud and ice rather than the wider for sand and cinders. My ultimate question (this week) is this: What size are the wheels that come on these models? If I “downgrade” to the “lesser” wheels/tires, can I still “upgrade” later? ARE BOTH SETS OF WHEELS SEVEN INCHES WIDE OR NOT?
Inquiring minds want to know and I don’t know where I can find a reliable source for information such as this. (I’ve already wandered around the dealership and crawled around on my knees with a flashlight to try to find the markings on the wheels and of course the dealer doesn’t keep these expensive wheels on their shelves.)
Can someone please help?
THANKS!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What year of new Tacoma? Also, are you wanting this down by the dealer before you take possession?

Related Content You Might Like: