• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Taking the 4Runner through puddles and ponds

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Here's a creek ford I drove through last year with no problems. About 12-16 inches deep. Yes, you don't want to do this too frequently unless you modify the differential breathers. Simple &inexpensive mod, but I haven't done it yet.
P6210271 - Copy (2014_08_15 19_11_45 UTC).JPG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's a creek ford I drove through last year with no problems. About 12-16 inches deep. Yes, you don't want to do this too frequently unless you modify the differential breathers. Simple &inexpensive mod, but I haven't done it yet.
View attachment 4429
Nice, where was that pic taken at?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
That photo was taken near Overland Reservoir, on the East side (up on top) of the Grand Mesa, CO. Here's another photo:
Wet 4Rnr (2) (2014_06_29 12_08_02 UTC).JPG

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I just spent a week in Southern Colorado. Stayed in South Fork, went down to Pagosa Springs and also over the Creede and the waterfalls up that freeway that seem to come from nowhere.

Soooo pretty. Nice and cool break from Texas too.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds like we just missed each other. Last Thursday we overnighted in Pagosa Springs (at The Springs Resort) and Friday morning drove home through South Fork, Creede, Lake City & Montrose. Spectacular country for sure! Took the Highlander though--no 4-wheeling on this trip.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I think we are going to take a trip there every year from now on we might spend every August up there.

Creede is a really cool city to be sure.

Related Content You Might Like: