• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tacoma lift kits

bigdex73

I have a '06 Tacoma and I plan on installing a 3 inch lift to accomidate a set of 33's under it. I am looking for a good dependable lift, I know that there are a lot of companies that make the kit that I am looking for but I always like to find out what experinces, good or bad that people have had with these kits.
If you have installed a lift yourself on a Tacoma I would like to hear any helpful pointers.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
I have a '06 Tacoma and I plan on installing a 3 inch lift to accomidate a set of 33's under it. I am looking for a good dependable lift, I know that there are a lot of companies that make the kit that I am looking for but I always like to find out what experinces, good or bad that people have had with these kits.
If you have installed a lift yourself on a Tacoma I would like to hear any helpful pointers.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
i had a three inch Toytec lift under my 05 ( check out my photo gallary) with this lift you have a choice of coil spring spacers which i had or for more money you can get coil overs. if you want a good ride and better off roading i would go with the coil overs but if you are going for looks the spacers are fine they make the find stiffer. and also you have a choice of add a leaf in the rear or blocks.

i installed this lift myself it has very good instructions and simple hand tools will be all you need. now if you go with the spring spacers you are going to have to have a spring compresser to do it. a good idea to do is go by the toyota dealership and get the torque specs for the front end of your truck.

you want be able to run 33's with out some trimming of the inner fender and make sure you have enough backspacing in your rim to run a 33.

the biggest tire i ran on mine was a 285/ 70/17 which is a 32.5 and it rub some before i did some miner trimming on the inner fender.

bigdex73

I assume that you are very pleased with you lift? Does it work well offroad, would you recomend it? Was there any unexpected problems when you did the install? Did you have to trim the front bumper or was it somethin else? Thanks for all the help.
Dex

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
I assume that you are very pleased with you lift? Does it work well offroad, would you recomend it? Was there any unexpected problems when you did the install? Did you have to trim the front bumper or was it somethin else? Thanks for all the help.
Dex
i dn't do to much off roading but if your are going to do off roading i would go with the coil overs in the front. yes i was very pleased with my lift and had no unexpected problems when i was doing the install. for the trimming you might have to trim the back side of the fender flare but you will more in likely have to trim the inner fender which is very minor. just make sure before you slap 33's under the truck that your rims have enough back spacing so you can fit 33's. i don't think stock rims have enough back spacing for 33's. my rims for example have 4.5 inches of back spacing and the tire sites just a little pass the fender but nothong major. yeas i would perfer toytec lift over Revtec any day its cheaper and you get just a little more lift than Revtec but i can't say anything about other companies that mak 3 inch lifts.

if you have anymore questions i would gladly to answer them bestmit can. but i will say this if money isn't an issue than the sky is the limit on what you can get for lift kits

bigdex73

I'm looking at the Pro Comp and the Toytec lifts right now, if anyones has a better suggestion I will let you know what I pick and how it works. I am very excited however; I have to wait till I get back from Iraq.
I am also looking at an All Pro wench bumper and a shell for the back.
Thanks for all the insight!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Let's get some pics of all Toyota trucks with lift kits. Please specify what type of lift you have and how big it is.

Related Content You Might Like: