• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Taco 4 cyl or V6?

Tejas TJ

I'm looking for a Taco Prerunner with around 100,000. I want enough power to pull up hills just fine and even pass up hills. Will the 4 cyl. Taco give me that or should I hold off for the V6?

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
I would get the v6 they have plenty of power. I got a v6 in my 05 taco running 34 1/2 inch tires and it has plenty of power pulling them and don't even have to down shift going up hills

t-100

if you want to go a bit off-road you need a V6. V6 has more power and V4 would not work as well

Tejas TJ

2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner - V6 - 110,000 miles - Automatic Transmision - Cold A/C - Cruise Control - CD player - Toyota bedliner - All original, clean inside and out. Runs great!!

Tejas TJ

This 03 Tacoma Ext Cab Prerunner is Super Buy at $9,995. It looks good and runs like a top. Plenty of power yet gets 20+ MPG. Interior is in excellent condition. It has a Rhino bed liner and comes with Delta toolbox. Has Bridgestone Dueler tires with plenty of tread. Exterior has some scratches and minor dents. Right rear quarter panel has some body damamge due to recent hit and run. Windshield has cracks and needs to be replaced. Even with its defects it is priced to sell (Check it Out!!) This one won't last long so call for an appointment.

This one I really like but as you see it's got a pretty dent in the passenger rear quater panel behind the rear tire. That's a lot of money to be asking for a truck with such a huge dent on the body.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Remember that the new 4 cyl engines produce just as much (if not more) output than the old 8 cyl engines used to. They've just come that far along in their development that it's just outstanding!

GearHead

100 Posts
Has anyone mentioned the fuel economy issue at all yet? Obviously a 4 cyl is going to do 50% better on gas than a 6 cylinder, give or take, but it's a big difference.

Related Content You Might Like: