• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

T100 manual transmission fluid

jaybtty

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the drain plug and fill plug on a 95 t100 3.4L 4x4 manual transmission. I just bought the truck and its got 190,000 miles so I wanna put fresh gear oil in it. If anyone could letme know that'd be great.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Did you get this figured out yet?

The plug is going to look like this and it's on the bottom of the pan so the oil can drain. Might be hard to spot, but it's there.

thomasflintoff

Dude right the plug till you feel a click they have a torque bolt when you reach the right torque you're going to feel a click on you're ratchet that's enough.

Counterpart

There is no such bolt as a torque bolt, as far as I know, and Toyota certainly does NOT use any such thing on their transmission drain and fill plugs. Toyota uses a drain plug and a crush washer. If you tighten until you feel a "click," that "click" will be all the threads coming out of your aluminum transmission housing. DO NOT tighten until you feel a click! Just tighten it up decently snug and let the crush washer do the work.

I checked our catalog for a good picture of the location of these bolts but the illustration is more confusing than helpful. The drain plug is on the passenger side of the transmission, on the main body (the segment right after the bell housing) toward the bottom. The fill plug is on the opposite side, a little higher up, and will look about the same. It's helpful when thinking about them big enough to stick your finger through the hole when they're out.

Related Content You Might Like: