• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

T100 in Germany - very exotic over here!

Bruder_Buck

Hi T100-drivers!

A few weeks ago I bought a 1997 T100 with the good 3.4 litre engine. Lot's of fun, but the car is that exotic over here in Germany that I rarely found one Toyota technican at a near by shop who knows the car from his time in the US.

After all I do not get some parts over here. So I may ask frequently about your support and I hope you - the community here - can help me.

Thanks

Reiner

Attachments

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
watered the router? lol.

What part of Germany, we've been doing genealogy as part of my family come to the US from Germany in the 1800s.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I know where Heidelberg is. One of the funny things about the US is the sheer size, so Heidelberg to Berlin is like 6 hours drive (I just checked). but I can drive from Dallas Texas for 8 hours and still be in Texas.

Bruder_Buck

And here are more pics and a question. Mine misses the garnish at the drivers door (and it's poorly repainted, wanne fix that soon). I can't find the garnish anywhere - do you guys know how to get it?

By the way: Mine has 265/65R16" tyres. Which makes more ground clearance. But the previous owner forgot to readjust the speedometer. I try to ask my Toyota shop how to do it. Don't want to drive faster than I assume. Can lead to speed tickets. ;)

Attachments

Bruder_Buck

I know where Heidelberg is. One of the funny things about the US is the sheer size, so Heidelberg to Berlin is like 6 hours drive (I just checked). but I can drive from Dallas Texas for 8 hours and still be in Texas.
Yes. Fine! Oh yes, driving through Europe you have in the same distances 10 different culutures, landscapes, languages, etc... We used to have some 30,000 US troops in Heidelberg and around until 2013.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
And here are more pics and a question. Mine misses the garnish at the drivers door (and it's poorly repainted, wanne fix that soon). I can't find the garnish anywhere - do you guys know how to get it?

By the way: Mine has 265/65R16" tyres. Which makes more ground clearance. But the previous owner forgot to readjust the speedometer. I try to ask my Toyota shop how to do it. Don't want to drive faster than I assume. Can lead to speed tickets. ;)
On a t-100 that's going to be very hard to find. Very hard. You'll be better off trying to get it reproduced from a local metalworking machine shop. Let me look around though.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts

You can figure out your speed with a GPS device these days. How far off is it?

Bruder_Buck

On a t-100 that's going to be very hard to find. Very hard. You'll be better off trying to get it reproduced from a local metalworking machine shop. Let me look around though.
Just spottet pictures of the early Tundra. That garnish looks very similiar. Perhaps I can adapt that to mine?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The T100 was built in Japan and the Tundra was built all new in Texas, they might use the same exterior trim pieces though, it's hard to say.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I put 1993 in there, of course change that to the Year/Make/Model/Trim/Engine for your truck.

Bruder_Buck

Thanks for the catalougue. The door trim seams impossible to track - it's not in this catalougue also. So I will ask a local paintshop, what they can do and build a similiar trim.

Oh, we have lots of Hilux over here. Full size Trucks are not so popular...

Related Content You Might Like: