• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

T 100 toyota check engine light

joep11780

I was wanting to know if the 1996 t 100 trucks are obd2 and if so where is the port to hook it up I just bought this truck and on my way home the check engine light came on any help would be of great help.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
wow, I don't remember when the obdii came out, it was right around that time though. nothing that's right underneath the steering wheel?

joep11780

No i checked unxer there first the only port i found is in the engine compartment and says diagnostic on the cover i dont have a connector that fits that port any ideas?

balihaisen

100 Posts
Perhaps, you can attach a picture of your problem so we can have a clearer idea to solve your problem?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, I'm guessing that means the obdi is located there under the hood. If you can share a picture, that would help.

antonino

100 Posts
I think, the obdi is indeed located under the hood. But you'll need help, to see this.

balihaisen

100 Posts
So far, we are in a guessing game here. I think the OBDII port is in the dash, near the radio. I found this in another Toyota forum. Hope this helps.

gladden

I really don't want to tinker with the engine part. It is just like sex. It is messy, after the dirty work! LOL!

Related Content You Might Like: