• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Surf rod holder for cleat system

Ckingeter

Hey I am getting ready for the beach next year and you need 1 pole per person. I'm not a fan of the front mounted holders and dont want to lose the bed space by mounting the cross bar and having 6 holders. Does anyone know of single or double rod holders that use the same hardware as the cleat rail tie down system? I saw you can buy the t-nuts which have a 3/16 bolt hole....anyone wanna design this with me? Removable and adjustable (angle) rod holders. I saw a decent product but stated it is not for surf rods

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hmm, I've never seen that but shouldn't be hard to fabricate.

There's a lot of designs out there already.

c7d098880c868b52668d20e12afe139e.jpg

Ckingeter

Not yet. Way down on the priority list. Saw someone had something like the picture you posted. will look into that, wanted individual ones that maybe can adjust angle if needed to go under something but not take poles out or apart. Got any updates?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My wife's cousin built a portable system that he could roll out of the bed of his truck, that was the best I've seen. Are you wanting fixed?

Ckingeter

Kinda, just something that clicks into the track and can slide back and forth, and rotate from vertical down to just under 90 degrees to the rear. Hope that makes sense. I put a roof rack (bajarack) on and want to do a bully bar so no cooler/rod holder off the front or back hitch

Related Content You Might Like: