• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Sun Visor Passenger Side

JL1219

Anyone has attempted fixing the passenger side sun visor? It does not stay up anymore and buying one is too expensive.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Is it just sloppy loose and hanging down? Bent? Can you upload a pic?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
We bought one on line for wifes '08 Camry. I think it was $60. Dealer locally wanted $200. Good thing something this simple is the weak link. I have salvaged 75 year old visors that work as well as the day they were in the showroom

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
oic, the rotational piece (that keeps it up against the headliner is loose so that it flops down. I was thinking that it was loose when the clip was released allowing it to swing back and forth. Hmm. Seems that someone would have a cheaper aftermarket piece that looked OEM. I know you can get the generic looking things, but that would kill the style.

JL1219

oic, the rotational piece (that keeps it up against the headliner is loose so that it flops down. I was thinking that it was loose when the clip was released allowing it to swing back and forth. Hmm. Seems that someone would have a cheaper aftermarket piece that looked OEM. I know you can get the generic looking things, but that would kill the style.
I wonder if I carefully cut out the area where that clip is to expose it and see if it can be fixed. The problem I see is putting it back together. The vinyl might keep tearing with heat especially here in FL.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
There are Youtubes on repairing the visors but I of course do not follow instructions well and had to buy new visor

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
There are Youtubes on repairing the visors but I of course do not follow instructions well and had to buy new visor
Can you cut and paste the link to one of those videos in here?

Related Content You Might Like: