• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Subwoofer for Toyota

WickedJester

I am a music junkie....and a bass freak. Has anyone had any luck or know of a good way to get a subwoofer without sacrificing too much cabin space? Any good models, companies, brands etc?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
RE: Subwoofer

I have some contacts. What are you looking for? Are you looking to have it sound good, or do you want a pounding bass?

nsmith

My buddy made me a box for the 2006 toyota tundra

I don't know if you could find a box to put in the 2006 tundra that works good. My buddy and I couldn't so we ended up making one. E-mail at [email protected] if you want to consider that.

It is good sound not a huge bass.

tundah08

RE: My buddy made me a box for the 2006 toyota tundra

i have an o8 a nd it has plenty of bass with out even turning it up dont wast ur money

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I have always found that in some bigger trucks, you end up having a custom box built to make it look good and get what you want done with the speakers.

moniker

Make your own sub

Well i suggest that you get your own box designed. I have a custom made sub box in the rear of my truck and it sounds as good as a $500 bass tube. What you need is the right dimensions and a little woodworking experience to get this done. You would find a lot of free subwoofer design software's on the net. I would recommend using ajsealed. Google this and you will be able to download this app for free.

Now since you are a bass freak i think a ported box would suit your taste. Ported ie vented boxes give a boomy bass with a lot of punch in the lower freq range. While sealed boxes give a tighter bass. Its upto you to decide on what you want.

I am sending you my box specs. Mine is a two chamber sub with two ports ( imagine the punch :) Follow this to the decimal and you will get a awesome sounding sub.

Dimensions:

Width 16-51/100" (41.94cm)
Height 15" (38.10cm)
Depth 17" (43.18cm)

Chamber 1

Vb = 0.65 cu.ft. (18.41 liters)
Fb = 57.48 Hz.
QL = 7
F3 = 52.03 Hz.
Filling agent = Dupont Polyfill

Chamber 2

Vb = 0.85 cu.ft. (24.07 liters)
Fb = 69.01 Hz.
QL = 7
F3 = 93.27 Hz.

No. of Vents = 2
Vent Shape = Round
DV = 4.00 in. (10.16cm)
LV = 12.00 in. (30.48cm)

**Abbr:
DV - depth the tube from the surface
LV - length of the tube

Tip: Never build a cube shaped box, which is the absolutely the worst enemy of a smooth frequency response curve.

PM me if you need any help.

John
Toyota Santa Monica

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Well i suggest that you get your own box designed. I have a custom made sub box in the rear of my truck and it sounds as good as a $500 bass tube. What you need is the right dimensions and a little woodworking experience to get this done. You would find a lot of free subwoofer design software's on the net. I would recommend using ajsealed. Google this and you will be able to download this app for free.

Now since you are a bass freak i think a ported box would suit your taste. Ported ie vented boxes give a boomy bass with a lot of punch in the lower freq range. While sealed boxes give a tighter bass. Its upto you to decide on what you want.

I am sending you my box specs. Mine is a two chamber sub with two ports ( imagine the punch :) Follow this to the decimal and you will get a awesome sounding sub.

Dimensions:

Width 16-51/100" (41.94cm)
Height 15" (38.10cm)
Depth 17" (43.18cm)

Chamber 1

Vb = 0.65 cu.ft. (18.41 liters)
Fb = 57.48 Hz.
QL = 7
F3 = 52.03 Hz.

Chamber 2

Vb = 0.85 cu.ft. (24.07 liters)
Fb = 69.01 Hz.
QL = 7
F3 = 93.27 Hz.

No. of Vents = 2
Vent Shape = Round
DV = 4.00 in. (10.16cm)
LV = 12.00 in. (30.48cm)

**Abbr:
DV - depth the tube from the surface
LV - length of the tube

Tip: Never build a cube shaped box, which is the absolutely the worst enemy of a smooth frequency response curve.

PM me if you need any help.

John
Toyota Santa Monica
Thanks for that John! Come back anytime!

danstpierre

100 Posts
What you need is a customizing shop. If it's a good quality bass, without "sacrificing cabin space" that you are looking for.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have Pioneer install in my trucks and it perform well, I usually have it 2 years from now and still doing good.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I've never been much for losing the space it takes for crazy bass. Just some good 6x9s also for me.

Related Content You Might Like: