• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Steering Noise???

JLH

Got stuck in the mud...yes, even a landcruiser can get stuck. Anyway, now truck is making suspicious noise when turning wheel. Like problem with power steering. It got a little better after cleaning underneath truck, but still there. Anyone ever have this happen?

TruckBoy

You can check the servo and the power steering oil, maybe the problem is that its low on oil and it makes squeaking noises because of friction. I had a problem with that on my old land cruiser.

glassdoc

Check for mud between rotor and backing plate. May even be a rock lodged in there. Backing plate could have gotten bent while in the mud also.

tarheel

Check for mud between rotor and backing plate. May even be a rock lodged in there. Backing plate could have gotten bent while in the mud also.
This would be my suggestion to go with also, what with the fact that you were stuck int he mud just before this happened, and you fixed it a small amount when you cleaned the underside. Unless you get right in on the rotor and backing plate, it is unlikely you got it all when you cleaned the underside since I am guessing you didn't focus on that area.

I don't think you bent the backing plate though, unless the noise you hear is a scraping noise, in which case, there is a chance this is the problem.

jimmyno

Some part rusted.. A total overhaul is needed. You might want to check every nook and cranny and innards of your landcruiser.

Stuart

Taking it to a professional and having it checked out would probably be the best option. As somebody already said, it could be a number of things.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
JLH-- did you find out what is creating the noise in the steering? Will you be taking it to a mechanic to be looked at or still trying to figure it? Let us know, what was creating the problem.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
You can check the servo and the power steering oil, maybe the problem is that its low on oil and it makes squeaking noises because of friction. I had a problem with that on my old land cruiser.

Thanks for sharing this great info.

Related Content You Might Like: