• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Spring 2019 is here. What are you doing to your Toyotanm

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What's everyone got planned this spring?

Im dude for my 10k mile service and plan on dropping it off to get the usb ports fixed as well. Really need a good detailing too.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I'm taking my wife to Hawaii for a 7 day spring vacation.
While on active duty I flew through, stopped over on crew rest, and deployed to Hawaii numerous times, but unfortunately never brought my wife along. So this trip will be all about letting her enjoy a trip to the tropics.
After a fall trip to Key West she's starting to really love tropical destinations, which is great as I plan to take her to Bahama for our Anniversary in September.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I have a list of things I want to do to my 2002 Tundra, but Spring is NOT here on Colorado's Western Slope. We continue to have lots of rain, a bit of snow, and high temps are still in the 40s or low 50s with lots of wind. I don't expect a warm-up until mid-April, and I still have lots of yard work that needs doing before I can start working on the Tundra.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Rickc5 you better be ready when spring does hit, it might not leave you enough time to get everything planned, finished.
Back in the early/mid 80's I used to travel to Colorado and Utah to hit the mountain trails and off-road.
I also remember we never planned any trips before May or After August, it was just to easy to get caught in bad weather.
One trip in 1983 or 1984 we went to bed with high 70 degree temps and woke up with 28" of snow on the ground and still falling, high teens was the temp for the day. We almost got snowed in. There were many other campers not prepared for that drastic of a weather change that we ended up helping to get out of the mountains to more passable terrain.
That trip taught me to expect the unexpected and that Mother Nature was not your friend and Demanded respect.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Given the amazing amount of snow the mountains have received this winter (over 150% of "normal"), I would not be surprised if many of the off-road trails at higher elevations do not open this year. If they do open, it may be as late as July or August. Lots of discussion in the local media of possible flooding if it warms up too quickly, plus more avalanches.

You never know what's going to happen in the high country. Once we drove to Winter Park on a July 4th weekend only to be met with a blizzard that dumped 6-8 inches of snow. Lots of campers were totally unprepared for that.

At our elevation (4700 ft.) it usually warms up nicely and then gets real hot by June 1. But then, this hasn't been a usual/normal year. Given the prediction of a couple warm days in a row, I can finally shampoo the Tundra's interior. Been waiting to do that since December.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
No real plans as of yet. Plenty of yard work to get done for early Spring. Plus each and every vehicle/motorcycle including the RAV4 & Tacoma will need service. Gonna get a start on the yard work this weekend. :)

skydancer

TTC Chicks
While on active duty I flew through, stopped over on crew rest, and deployed to Hawaii numerous times, but unfortunately never brought my wife along. So this trip will be all about letting her enjoy a trip to the tropics.
After a fall trip to Key West she's starting to really love tropical destinations, which is great as I plan to take her to Bahama for our Anniversary in September.
After a fall trip to Key West she's starting to really love tropical destinations, which is great as I plan to take her to Bahama for our Anniversary in September.[/QUOTE.
Goodness... do you have an older brother LOL

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Started the yard work yesterday. Still recovering from a bad virus, so only was able to work for an hour or so, but I was able to finish pruning the rose bushes. Kind of a prickly job.

the BAD news is that I discovered that someone keyed the passenger side of our 2002 Tundra some time in the past couple of weeks. The scratch runs down the entire side of the truck. WTF is wrong with people these days? It happened when the truck was parked at either Walmart or the local grocery store. I've only left the house to buy OTC meds or food. At least it's just an old clunker, but it makes me mad just the same.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Nice. Good hubby.

Jim Geary

What's everyone got planned this spring?

Im dude for my 10k mile service and plan on dropping it off to get the usb ports fixed as well. Really need a good detailing too.
Today I am having the brake chatter worked on for the umteenth time. It's a 2002 4dr. Just did a complete detail. Wore me out. The later this week going on a long, 1100 mile trip to San Antonio and back to Houston for our grand daughters wedding.

Related Content You Might Like: