• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

So this happened ...TWO FLAT TIRES

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I work up near the new Texas rangers ballpark construction and they're routing traffic around cones on the street. Pretty narrow.

Anyhow, I got through that detour on the road ruth a car on my left so I stayed to the right and just clipped the curb. Probably by about 2 inches. My fault. I know. Really sucks

Two flat tires. Couldn't believe it! Did a little damage to the rims too. Hopefully they can hold air.

This really sucks. Walmart is 1 mile away with 2 new Goodyear Wranglers for me. They have both the Wrangler AT and Wrangler Trailmark

20190823_171442.jpg
20190823_171519.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They moved the cones off the road after I hit. Figures, can't even tell the full story now. But it was in here.

20190823_172010.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hopefully we'll be able to see if they can hold a bead in a few minutes.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Then on my way home the car in front of my slammed into the car in front of them. This is bizzaro day.

Literally made the back seat disappear.

20190823_210723.jpg

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Wonder if they were playing with their phone or distracted somehow and not see a 2500# object in front of them????? Either way - not good.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The curb I hit also messed up the alignment a bit. I'm getting that fixed now.

15666679711331156035128914798337.jpg
15666679896392834440913406041409.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Getting the alignment done here. Had to do a 1 mile test before I turned around and came back. The alignment wasn't much improved (it was a little better) but the steering wheel was not level at all. #frustrating 24 hours.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They're done already. The guy couldn't get the steering wheel straight.

In all fairness they told me up front they couldn't do camber.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I came to Service Pro Auto Center in Arlington and its better. The wheel is off a little bit but it's going straight.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Couldn't get the steering wheel straight?
Any shop doing this type repair should have no problem getting the steering wheel straight, if they cant adjust, align, and or replace parts to get it straight they don't need to be in business.
Why couldn't the first shop do the camber?

TN TRD Guy

that sucks, if the city or a private agency put cones up to divert traffic and its responsible for the wreck then they should pay for it.

I agree, you should be able to get the alignment straight, that's why they call it alignment,.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Sorry about your run of bad luck Steve. IMHO, those two "alignment shops" you visited would be two shops that I would NEVER visit again. Agree with tbplus10 in that they shouldn't even be in business.

I did the same thing once after a few too many beers, but only ruined one tire, not two. It happens.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Sorry about your run of bad luck Steve. IMHO, those two "alignment shops" you visited would be two shops that I would NEVER visit again. Agree with tbplus10 in that they shouldn't even be in business.

I did the same thing once after a few too many beers, but only ruined one tire, not two. It happens.
The second shop did a good job

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Couldn't get the steering wheel straight?
Any shop doing this type repair should have no problem getting the steering wheel straight, if they cant adjust, align, and or replace parts to get it straight they don't need to be in business.
Why couldn't the first shop do the camber?
It wasn't off too much so I figured I'd give them a shot. They seemed to make it worse and had no real answer. I needed to get out of town and time was ticking so that's just a stupid tax that I had to pay.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
You know, I hate to say this but I think there was debris on the road that punctured the tires and moved me into the curb. There were a couple of smaller metal pieces on the road that are not big enough to do any damage, but I do remember seeing larger pieces in the road around this spot over the past few weeks, like right-angle metal banding that was cut off off just before unloading. This is a stadium they're building after all. they're pretty clean but overall there's still debris on the road.

I might wander down there and get some photos and see what I can find out.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I had something simuler happen to me years ago. I got in contact with the city, and gave them copies of my repair recieptes and they reimbursed me the cost. They were happy to pay the repairs, rather than pay for a law suit. I never even spoke to a lawyer, or even mentioned a suit. There was no need to.

Related Content You Might Like: