• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Seeking exhaust system recomendations for a 2004 Highlander

dlubiniecki

I own a base model, 2004 Highlander with a 3.3, V-6 engine. With 92,000 miles on it, it is a matter of time before I will have to replace the factory exhaust system. I guess I should feel forunate that I have not had to replace the exhaust system before now.

With that said, I remember reading about one or two chaps who installed "header exhaust" pipes on their Highlander. Their opinion about this was less than positive. I would appreciate receiving suggestions based on your experience of which exhaust system (other than OE) might be the best way to go.

Miranda Kay

TTC Chicks
What part do you need to replace, your pipes, your catalytic converter? What are you looking for the best priced system or are you hoping to achieve fewer emissions as well?

dlubiniecki

Sorry for not replying sooner. . .

You ask good questions. I have not examined the exhaust system currently on my vehicle too closely. But the way things have been going regarding repairs, I tend to underestimate what needs attention. Replacing the whole system has some advantages. My reason for suggesting this is that the exhaust system appears to be wearing evenly, with no outstanding visual issues at present. Contrastingly, no one wants to replace anything more than what is necessary, but if I replace the whole system, then I might avoid some labor fees in the long run.

I would like a muffler with lower (compared to OE) back pressure, something offering a little increased performance (when and if needed) - along with some improved millage when driving carefully. With that said, I know that lower back pressure will result in the engine running leaner, which entails making additional changes to the oxygen/fuel ratio, not to mention other things. With advantages come disadvantages.

Targeting your questions more carefully, I am not apposed to reducing emissions, but adding a little excitement (some guts to the sound), potential millage increases, and a bit more kick would bring me out of my near 100,000 mile slumber.

Related Content You Might Like: