• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Secure carriage of mountain bikes

vlink12

Hello,

New to the forum, looking for a little info on my new '09 Taco. I have the double cab short bed and would like to devise a way to secure and lock two mountain bike in the bed. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Thanks.
vlink12

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
lat them down in the bed because i don't think they make anything yet for your truck i could be wrong though

danstpierre

100 Posts
There are kits and accessories intended for bikes, kayaks and other to be mounted on pick-up trucks. For sure your local dealers have them. They can even it install it for you. That's an easy job.

Tonytsai0429

Hello,

New to the forum, looking for a little info on my new '09 Taco. I have the double cab short bed and would like to devise a way to secure and lock two mountain bike in the bed. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Thanks.
vlink12
I
Was just browsing the accessory for the truck as well; looks like autoanthing.com would have the bike rack you looking for

James

100 Posts
How much does a bike rack for a Taco cost? Does anyone have any recommendations?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. There are in-bed bike racks available. Plus getting a hitch mounted (swing away) carrier is always a good option as well.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Here are a few pics of some of the options I found. Not necessarily pics of Toyota vehicles, but the concept is the same ...

30.jpg
062507fatboy2.jpg
2006-chevy-silverado-pickup-truck-trailer-hitch-bike-rack-saris-thelma-330.jpg
2007-subaru-forester-xt-hitch-bike-rack-yakima-stickup-624.jpg
hitch-grip-bike-rack.jpg

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've seen a lot of people who store dirt bikes, that is like a 500 cc Yamaha or something in the bed of their truck, most of the time when I see people with pedal-powered bikes, they're usually on a rear hitch-type of carrier.

Related Content You Might Like: