• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Secret website to win 2015 BWM i3 hidden in Katie Couric and Bryan Gumble Ad - [email protected]

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just watched the BWM i3 commercial with Bryant Gumble and Katie Couric, and they show archive footage from 1994 and they're discussing what the internet is and what the @ symbol means. However, they show [email protected] on the screen, which I guess they did back in 1994.

Anyhow, if you go to www.amfeedback.com, you can get a chance to win a 2015 BWM i3. That website url redirects to bmw and you can enter to win and watch the secret video.

upload_2015-1-30_15-38-11.png

BWM SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL

BWM SECRET SWEEPS HIDDEN VIDEO!!!!

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They're calling the second video "Secret Sweeps" and when I saw it there were 2 other comments on it and 121 total views. Let's see what it will get when this goes viral.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like it's a 3 year lease plus charging station.

Prizes: All BMW Sweepstakes prizes are subject to IRS federal information reporting rules, therefore, winners will receive a 2015 Form 1099-MISC for the actual prize values by the statutory due date of 1/31/2016. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local income taxes associated with their prize.

ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A three-year prepaid lease of a 2015 BMW i3; a BMW Charging Box; and free installation (up to $2,000) of the BMW Charging Box. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $35,500. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. Sponsor will determine all features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by winner. Winner will be able to select a local BMW dealer and work with dealer on customizing the vehicle. Winner will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize. The charger must be installed in a private residence. Sponsor is not responsible for zoning permits or town ordinances. Should the winner not wish to install a charger, that portion of the prize, including the installation allowance, will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner must qualify for the lease and will be required to complete a credit application, any other documentation or screening required by the delivering dealer and/or the Sponsor, and sign a vehicle lease agreement, which may have additional terms and conditions. Winner is subject to all terms and conditions of the vehicle lease agreement. The Sponsor will not provide and specifically disclaims any warranties other than the warranty provided with the vehicle. Winner will be solely responsible for all taxes, liability and collision insurance premiums, scheduled routine maintenance charges, excess wear and use charges, damage to the vehicle charges, early termination fees, excess mileage charges, gasoline, use taxes, license, title, registration fees, other operating expenses and other government fees and expenses incurred as result of receiving or using the vehicle. The vehicle must be returned at the end of the specified lease term, but a purchase option will be made available. Lease must commence no later than December 31, 2015. In the Sponsor's sole discretion, a selected winner may be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules if selected winner declines, cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason or fails to meet the credit approval.

FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES: A trip for two (2) to BMW Performance Center-West The Thermal Club. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Palm Springs, CA; a two-day experience for two (2) at the M Driving School at PDS, which include two (2) nights' accommodations (single room, double occupancy); lifestyle merchandise (determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and available on shopbmwusa.com); and travel agent services.Winner must complete the trip from May 31, 2015 – June 2, 2015 or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest will not be permitted to participate in the M Driving School experience without signing liability waiver documents. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and possess a valid driver's license. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner's parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the M Driving School experience is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value: $10,090. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.

FIFTY (50) SECOND PRIZES: A $100 BMW Aftersales promotional code redeemable for items available on shopbmwusa.com. Items excluded from promotional codes purchases are anything not available on shopbmwusa.com. Terms and conditions of promotional code apply. *Promotional code applies to orders of $100 or more and excludes tax and shipping. May not be redeemed for cash. No cash value. Expires June 30, 2015. Can be redeemed only online through SHOPBMWUSA.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Certain items are not eligible. Terms & conditions of selected BMW Dealership apply with purchase. © 2015 BMW USA, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.

Grand Prize and First Prizes are non-transferable. Second Prizes are transferrable.

For All Prizes: No substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.

Total approximate retail value of total prizes: $85,950.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
That's pretty cool that they figured people would respond by emailing that address or go to the website, which they bought and redirected to their own site. It is kind of cool, but a lot of people might have issues with a lease as they have to count that as income and pay taxes on it, but they don't have an asset to sell like they would if it was their owned vehicle.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So the website is built upon people trying out the [email protected], which I suppose they send an email back to you, I'll test it out. Otherwise, #amfeedback or just amfeedback.com the website domain name will give you entry into the contest.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Not sure what to make of the [email protected] Easter egg / email response / hidden website.

The secret website YouTube video is only showing 700+ views, which if that's an indication of less than 1,000 people seeing it, then that's really a slow rollout. They maybe made it too obscure and people are just watching these videos rapid fire and don't want to take time to enter that email address.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This is a fail. Contest ends soon.

Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January, 26, 2015 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This contest ended with a whimper. It never became the surprise Easter egg that they probably hoped it would be. The secret sweeps hidden YouTube video isn't even at 2500 views.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wonder if they chose winners yet. They had a bunch of prizes for this contest / event and one of the prizes is tickets for the BMW driving school which has to be done on one specific weekend only and that's coming up this spring I believe.

TDave

100 Posts
This contest ended with a whimper. It never became the surprise Easter egg that they probably hoped it would be.
Probably because of Katie Couric, can't stand her for some reason.

Regarding the car, maybe it's a topic for another thread, but does it have a lot of carbon fiber or something that makes it the thing to get? I hard that its a completely different type of electric car than previous implementations.

geezala

The matchup was just off. Katie Couric and Bryant Gumble in an i3? I guess Regis and Kelly weren't available?

HA, now that's funny right there!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, the actual commercial video was successful in as far as they got the name out and got people talking about the BMW i3. The problem is that they made the easter egg too obscure.

So the YouTube video of the commercial is something like 20,000,000 views. The "secret" video they did was viewed by less than 3,000 people, lol.

TDave

100 Posts
Ah, I get it now, I wasn't paying attention, :p the email address was the easter egg. That's like the old trick of throwing a phone number on the TV screen and seeing who calls it.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Actually, that's exactly what it is. But this was a FAIL! NO ONE was talking about it, it never hit "critical mass" as a marketing concept. I'll bet they got less than 4000 entries into the contest.

geezala

Wonder if they chose winners yet. They had a bunch of prizes for this contest / event and one of the prizes is tickets for the BMW driving school which has to be done on one specific weekend only and that's coming up this spring I believe.
I haven't seen an announcment of winner(s) yet, pretty low turnout, obviously.

Related Content You Might Like: