• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Saludos From Colombia

Pitter

Hello I'm a retired American living in Colombia. I see some unusual Toyotas now and then. Here's one I saw today that looks based on the 1980 to 1990 Land Cruiser. First time I've seen one. Anybody know what it is?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Never seen one like that and I've seen a lot of Toyota's.
I almost looks home built the way the bodyline is on the rear doors, and the taillights have a newer look to them than Circa 80 to 90.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site! Where part of Columbia are you from now? Let's see some pics of your truck up here!

Pitter

Thanks toytafan I don't actually have a Toyota here in Colombia but I've had three in the past in the US; a '74 Landcruiser and '84 & '86 pickups. I live near Cali, Colombia.

Darrin

Welcome to the forum Pitter! And yep, I'd say this one's a custom built too. And look at the rims and wheels of this one. Doesn't seem right if you ask me. I've seem similar types but none that is from Toyota cars.

Pitter

Here'a a truck I saw in downtown Cali. You don't see many of these with the original bed. Usually they remove it and replace it with a stakebed that holds more.

- - - Updated - - -

This the standard service truck of the electric company Emcali in Cali, Colombia.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an old Landcruiser truck pulling another truck up a washed out dirt road in Colombia (taken with telefoto lens from far away).

- - - Updated - - -

This ought to get the kids to the soccer game in bad weather: New vehicle for sale in Cali, Colombia.

- - - Updated - - -

These are everywhere here in Colombia.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a good variety of trucks with interesting beds and backs on them. looks like a heavily home modification part of the world.

Darrin

Land Cruisers really are becoming very common now. Before it was pickup trucks. I guess a lot would like to have more room in their car inside of it. Those with original beds are mainly used for transportation for business purposes now.

Related Content You Might Like: