• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Rv Rentals - Anyone Use Rvshare.com?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So I've got my trailer listed on RVShare.com and for the renter it's very confusing. In one place it says that all RV rentals are covered with their $1-million insurance policy. Another place it says that insurance is an option that the rv owner can purchase when setting up their account (I don't think I was offered this or not). Then inside the owner's dashboard is talks about how to go about getting RV Insurance from either the renter who adds an insurance binder onto their automotive policy, or by the RV owner getting commercial RV insurance.

So which is it? Seems like maybe they're growing so fast they can't keep up with their documents and policies and promises? I dunno, but I think they lost me as an owner who rents out his trailer.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've actually got it listed on Outdoorsey also, it's a better site with insurance included as part of the package.

Outdoorsy

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
This is the first time I've seen these sites. Good idea. I like the layout of the Outdoorsy site.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The problem is that the RVShare.com site seems to be the leading site, but they have different documents on their site. At one point there is a story on one news site about them that tells that they will offer insurance for all rentals so the person who rents their RV is covered for damage and theft.

However, their site shows on the RV owners page uses couched language stuff like "qualified RV's" ... but it doesn't talk about if you have to pay for it, etc.

AZNYiDAqmGGsAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
REFERAL LINK! Click this link to register to Outdoorsy and give me a few credits.
List your RV for rent on Outdoorsy and make some cash while you're not using it!
Outdoorsy Referral Link

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
turns out that Texas now requires travel trailers to be inspected each year before they can be registered!!!!! This is asinine as often times these things will sit for a year ... plus I don't have a tow vehicle, so I'll have to rent one just to take it 1 mile to get inspected and then back.

So, no weekend rentals for this rv as we don't have it inspected.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Just like here in Virginia. RV's have to be inspected each year. :confused:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like they changed the law in 2015. Caught a lot of people off guard. The inspection is $14, but that's not really the point. I was told that the inspection will take about 5 minutes total. I'm not planning on letting them inside the trailer, I think they just have to put eyes on it and look at the wheels, tires, maybe test the brakes, etc.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
05.06 Inspect All Trailers, Semitrailers, Pole Trailers, or Mobile Homes Exceeding 4,500 Pounds Actual Gross Weight or Registered Weight For: (Listed in suggested order of inspection) Refer to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, if required.

* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility on towing vehicle

1. Brakes (system) (If gross weight exceeds 4,500 pounds)
2. Tires
3. Wheel Assembly
4. Safety Guards or Flaps (if four tires or more on rearmost axle) Pole trailers exempt.
5. Tail Lamps (2)
6. Stop Lamps (2)
7. License Plate Lamp (1)
8. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
9. Turn Signal Lamps
10. Clearance Lamps
11. Side Marker Lamps
12. Side Reflectors
13. Side Marker Lamps and Reflectors (30 feet or more in overall length)
(Refer to Reference Section as per lighting diagrams and as applicable to the particular trailer being inspected.)
14. Serial or Vehicle Identification Number
15. Window Tint.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I can understand 1 thru 14 but #15 Window Tint? Kind of crazy.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Window tint is more of a safety issue for the authorities, to give them the ability to see inside and who or what may be lurking. There's a lot illegal transportation here in Texas and more than a few troopers have been shot through glass they had no visibility through.
The trailer inspection program has actually been around for years, at least since 2002, I bought a new boat/trailer back then and asked about the inspection sticker on the trailer, at the time was told don't worry about it you'll never found a shop to inspect it anyways and no one pays attention to it. Still very few shops to inspect trailers but now a requirement to license. Supposedly any shop having a motorcycle inspection endorsement is also certified to trailers. And if they choose to refuse doing a trailer inspection they can be reported to DPS for non-compliance and lose all inspection certification.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, they changed a lot of the laws over the past 15 years. Article on it says that it's been required but most people never bothered.

Related Content You Might Like: