• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Review: iHeartRadio Entune App

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
One of the nice features of my new 2014 4Runner Trail is the ability to stream online music via the iHeartRadio app, available in the Entune Premium infotainment system.

When I took delivery of my vehicle, it did have the basic Entune system pre-loaded, but it required pairing Entune to my smart phone, via Bluetooth, and running an initial over-the-air firmware upgrade, that took about 10-15 minutes to do. It was quite simple and straight forward. Just be sure to have downloaded and installed the Entune app on your phone (available in the app store), and switch on Bluetooth. Once this upgrade completed, I was then able to see additional Entune Premium apps, including iHeartRadio.

For those existing users, there are a few differences with the Entune version of iHeartRadio. First, there is no option for those existing registered members of iHeartRadio.com to log in using their account info, to import favorite stations. You are starting from scratch. There is also no search box or any way to key in queries to find your favorite stations. All stations must be selected from the available category drop down menus, or new favorite stations created using the currently playing song. All in all, the sound quality is good, and I haven't noticed any lag, or drop-outs. iHeartRadio itself seemed to have some connectivity issues system-wide over the past couple days, but as it was happening both on their website and via the in-car app, it appears to be unrelated to Entune.

As there are other Entune apps that require account logins to import existing information (Facebook Places, OpenTable, etc), I should hope the iHeartRadio Entune app will soon allow us existing members to import our favorite stations. That, or make it easier to actually perform a real search by enabling an on-screen keyboard.

For more help with this app and the Entune system, here's the official Toyota help site:

http://www.toyota.com/entune/support/entune-premium-audio/apps/iheartradio.html#!4runner/2014

Last edited:

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Great review. Glad you found something that worked for you.
Thank you!!

And for the record, Spin Cycle station is awesome!! Those who like club tracks and dance remixes of old skool 90's and current Top 40 would enjoy this station. Very light on the chatter and commercials. Great music for working out, too.

Related Content You Might Like: