• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Renovation of 84 Toyota pick-up

Cab is back and on the frame...Now starting bto put things back in their place.....All hoses and brake lines will be replaced AFTER I get things back in place also valve cover will be buffed out after all is in place20150116_154035.jpg 20150125_134820.jpg IMG_3999.JPG

TDave

100 Posts
Was just going to ask if you painted it yourself, or if somebody did that. Great color. How much does that paint job set you back?

I had removed every bolt clip fender doors glass...I completly striped down. Paint and re installation of hood doors fenders and glass was performed by Precision Auto Body. The color is a Toyota color from 1989. The CAB ONLY portion was approx $5,000. Price also included a spray on sound deadener under coating. Also an agreement that they will touch up minor scratches AFTER truck is fully assembled because you just know there will be some blemishes created during reassembly.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Nice that they will fix any scratches,,not too much to be concerned about since they hung the doors and fenders. Have a helper when doing the hood...blankets on fenders. I am considering having a shop do a mask and spray on my current project but when it comes down to it I have always done my own painting... Can't beat the kitchen hand blender for mixing up paints containing a ton of pearl,,,just don't try putting in back in the kitchen,,,paint stains the plastic mixer right now!
IMG_1436.JPG

IM Baaaack. The Deployment was a blast...NOT.
So I need help. I have hooked up all wire harnesses and installed new battery, but when I turn key to start....nothing happens, No click, no noise NOTHING....I had starter checked...It is good. Ive checked Ignit switch...It is good. what am I missing. I do not have a clutch pedal switch on clutch pedal. I do not have a neutral start switch..(to best of my knowledge 84 Toy pickups with man trans did not have them) any Ideas folks....

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Welcome back! You know its something simple and I'm sure some one will chime in with a list of possible solutions...GROUNDS?

I've got it solved.... loose wire at starter. the blade connector was not getting a good connection. so onward and upwards.. gonna fill radiator and trans. so I can run engine. then will work on timing.

I have not been able to locate a suitable bed so I took my original and two other junkyard finds to a body shop that specializes in restoration. They have cut all bed panels to piece together one. They are currently in the process of re welding into one...this ensures I have almost ZERO bondo/filler All seams are being specially treated to avoid the rust these beds are famous for...EXPENSIVE as hell but I don't want bondo.
011.JPG

pir^2h

That is a lot of work! Big undertaking to do all that but looking good.

I have an '84. Hate those factory seats. Hot vinyl is not fun in the summer. I am thinking of taking it in this summer to have the seats redone with cloth but only if they can also remove the vinyl.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
IM Baaaack. The Deployment was a blast...NOT.
So I need help. I have hooked up all wire harnesses and installed new battery, but when I turn key to start....nothing happens, No click, no noise NOTHING....I had starter checked...It is good. Ive checked Ignit switch...It is good. what am I missing. I do not have a clutch pedal switch on clutch pedal. I do not have a neutral start switch..(to best of my knowledge 84 Toy pickups with man trans did not have them) any Ideas folks....
Did I miss this? My bad.

Related Content You Might Like: