• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Rear Axle Wires

Techy855

I ran across something that is confusing me. I have a 2008 tundra, and I somehow manage to nearly sever a wire that runs across the read axle. I think this is for the ABS sensor, but I am not sure.

Looking to replace it since the covering is rubbed off and the wire itself started to fray. But didn't want to pull anything without being sure. Any thoughts?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If it's running along the axle tube then it would be the ABS sensor.
Normally I'd say snip it, pull some slack out, then reconnect with a connector and heat shrink, but in this case I believe this wire checks continuity and a connector or break in the wire will cause an ABS light.
I dont remember if it has a connection up on the frame or not, you might have to replace it all the way back to the cab.
This is also one of those items your better off buying new (even though I'm sure it'll be slightly expensive) vs buying at a recycling yard. You cant really tell the quality at a yard and I've seen quite a few with breaks under the outer shielding that cause intermittant problems.

flyingbuz

If it's running along the axle tube then it would be the ABS sensor.
Normally I'd say snip it, pull some slack out, then reconnect with a connector and heat shrink, but in this case I believe this wire checks continuity and a connector or break in the wire will cause an ABS light.
I dont remember if it has a connection up on the frame or not, you might have to replace it all the way back to the cab.
This is also one of those items your better off buying new (even though I'm sure it'll be slightly expensive) vs buying at a recycling yard. You cant really tell the quality at a yard and I've seen quite a few with breaks under the outer shielding that cause intermittant problems.

Yea I agrew with this.

antonino

100 Posts
Maybe this problem is already fixed? It had been a month since there was no activity in this thread.

balihaisen

100 Posts
What I'm more curious about is the answer to the question. If it's fixed or not, since we also want to learn from their experience.

Related Content You Might Like: