• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Questions About The 22re Engine

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Very good engine, why do you ask? I think I saw in a status update that you've got a truck in need of an engine, or repair, is that right?

wikipedia said:
The Toyota R family was a series of straight-fourgasoline engines. Designed forlongitudinal use in such vehicles as the Celicaand Hilux and in production from 1953 through 1997, use faded out as many of Toyota's mainstream models moved to front-wheel drive. OHC versions featured a chain-driven camshaft, mitigating the danger of internal damage from interference as in belt-driven engines

Last edited:

Aaron martin

Yes I do at the moment I have two trucks and I am looking at a nutter truck for part. The second truck I had purchased for parts the plan was To take the motor out of the second truck and put it in my truck but it seems the 22r had a broken timing chain guide and there was a head gasket leak which caused water to sit in the motor for extended amount of time. Which caused a serious amount of rust on the rockers and original motor I had blown the motor on a long uphill grade going to work and what I'm wondering is I have a truck with 238.000 Miles can it be reliable. I have to drive 330 miles one way to go home from work and at the moment I am stuck at work. And I have vehicle and it's my six teek out with no Hometime.

Related Content You Might Like: