• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Proper Toyota Oil Change Intervals for New Traditional Oils and Engines

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Now I'm curious, how many miles should I go between oil changes? I've been doing maybe 5,000 miles lately, maybe I should step that up or go to a new oil?

Techy855

I have always gone with 3,000 miles rule. I know its way conservative, but better safe then sorry. And my trucks have always lasted a long time, so it has worked for me. If you do your own oil changes, the cost is not that bad.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think the 3,000 miles interval is total waste anymore with the quality of oils that we have today. Some people will claim that it's cheap insurance, but studies do show that there are no extra mechanical breakdowns for cars/trucks that are serviced at 7,500 miles instead of 3,000 miles.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My 99 Tacoma 148K, 93 Wrangler 138k, 91 Wrangler 227k, and 87 Chevy pick-up 266k, have all had oil changes faithfully completed between 5k and 7k since new without any mechanical failures, but they have all been taken care of.

danstpierre

100 Posts
Approximately 5000 every change oil, will maintain your engines, and will give it a decent pulling power.

altavas

3-5k is very safe or your engine. Don't worry much about oil brands. Any decent brand in the market works well.

gladden

What I do is trust my instincts. I really don't look at the mileage. I just estimate, if it's let's say a month or more.. then it's time to change oils.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
For me I usually do change oil every 5,000 miles but sometimes if I forget about it or I am to busy it will go around 6500 mile..

Related Content You Might Like: