• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Prerunner Diff Lock

duckhunter

Just wondering how effective the differential locking rearend is on the prerunner TRD offroad? The book states not to exceed 5mph when locked in. Will it hurt drive train to go faster, or is it a control issue. Just bought '08 prerunner, my first 2wd truck, and so far I love it. Good space (4 door), great gas mileage, and that "toyota" truck feel and drive. I have other 4x4 truck, as well as a Ranger and fourwheeler so felt that the 2wd was smart option since I was able to get really good deal on a low mileage truck. I'm hoping that I didn't make a mistake, but found that I rarely used past 4x4 in past trucks. Thanks for any info.

erock

I've used the rear locking diff a couple of times in my Tacoma Prerunner. I think it is more of a saftey issue since I have actually accidentally left it on and drove 30-35 mph on dirt roads and it still functions fine. You will feel the rear locking diff while going thru turns. I have used it effectively in mud and going uphill with lots of loose rock. I offroad a ton and have only once or twice wish I had a "real" 4x4. You'll love your Prerunner. over 225,000 (hard) miles and never needed anything but tires, a battery, and regular maintenance.

duckhunter

Thanks for the reply. I have plenty of options if I know I'm going to need 4x4, but as you know, it is always the times your not planning for that will get you in trouble. I have owned Titan, Ford, Chevy, and Hardbody in the past (all 4x4), and currently have Dodge 4x4 for work truck, and all have had good and bads, but as for now I believe I have become a Toyota man. Always wanted one, just wouldn't pay the price. Thanks for making me feel better about my purchase.

Related Content You Might Like: