• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Power Issues w/ 4.6L V8 - Toyota Tundra Questions & Engine Upgrades

Toyophile65

This goes out to the 4.6l V8 owners. Wifey made me sell the 5.7 Sequoia bc its too big for her to handle in bad weather. We love toyo trucks so we tried the forerunner limited and the power/transmission combo was deflating. In addition I do pull trailers on occasion for ATVing. We bought the Lexus GX460. Drunk with the power of the 5.7 my wife commented about the power.

Has anyone out there tried the cold air intake products on the 4.6. If so does it help or is it just the transmission setup? Don't want to spend 500$ if it makes little difference.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I understand about the wife and the 5.7. I lost a contact lens the other day and the wife drove my 5.7L truck home. She calls it my "baby" ... "Don't worry, I won't hurt your baby." She said she wants a truck now, but not sure about all of the power from the 5.7.

I have driven the 4.6 before, but I do not have the ability to speak on the nature of the upgrading to get extra performance from it. I'm not sure actually what it does and you would want to get it tuned to match whatever you add to it.

Are you looking at a new-ish 4.6 Tundra to replace your 5.7 and you want to boost the power of the 4.6 to make up some of the big HP difference?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I've had a 2001 Tundra, and a 2008 Lexus GX470. Both had the 4.7L V8 with plenty of power for me. Haven't driven anything with the 4.6L, but unless it has been de-tuned for more smog control or something, it "should" be similar to the 4.7L.

Cold air intake will only add about 8 HP (on a 5.7, maybe less on a 4.6), and a few ft-lbs of torque. The price for the TRD unit for the 5.7 is over $400. YIKES! However, if you combine the cold air intake with a free-flow exhaust, you may actually notice the difference.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This goes out to the 4.6l V8 owners. Wifey made me sell the 5.7 Sequoia bc its too big for her to handle in bad weather. We love toyo trucks so we tried the forerunner limited and the power/transmission combo was deflating. In addition I do pull trailers on occasion for ATVing. We bought the Lexus GX460. Drunk with the power of the 5.7 my wife commented about the power.

Has anyone out there tried the cold air intake products on the 4.6. If so does it help or is it just the transmission setup? Don't want to spend 500$ if it makes little difference.
Just checking back in on this.

fxbrokersCego

Former Member
Расскажите в комментариях о своем опыте парсинга и свое видение процесса… Парсинг ссылок на картинки с сайта и их массовая закачка. akb-video Зная это мы с легкостью может сделать обратное, нам нужно достать из тега значение этого атрибута. zubrinschool Сразу видно недостатки парсинга по названию. 5tv

fxbrokersCego

Former Member
На сайте БелЖД есть карта. На большинство поездов внутрироссийского следования продажа билетов открывается за 90 дней до даты отправления поезда. Стоит сказать, существует мнение, что самые дешевые авиабилеты - когда продажа билетов на самолет прекращается за 2-3 часа до рейса. Сообщения самые разнообразные, чаще всего - центральная часть России, наши столицы - Москва и Санкт-Петербург, сапсан официальный сайт ржд купить билет Москва - Екатеринбург ЖД билеты. Правила безопасности самые строгие: с копией паспорта в вагон вас не посадят. Без квитка можно до хрипоты доказывать проводнику, что за билет деньги с карточки у вас сняли, как купить билет на сапсан за 999 все равно в вагон вас никто не пустит. В зависимости от вида вагона (плацкарт, купе, СВ, мягкий вагон и т.д.) варьируется цена, и даже обслуживание. Чтобы не тратить время на нудную порой процедру регистрации (опять эти пароли, логины, электронная почта - ужас!) Вы можете приобрести ЖД билеты Екатеринбург, не проходя процедуру регистрации.

Related Content You Might Like: