• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Possible Bad Circuit Open Relay Switch...?

kona26

I have an 86 toyota p/u fuel injected. It has been sitting for some time 1-2 months. I went to start it and i am getting no engine crank. I get all my lights and music. when I turn the ignition the cd player and center console light go out and I am getting a clicking sound from the relay switch. Now I just replaced the switch part number 85910-14020 I am still getting the same clicking sound from the relay. all of my fuses look ok...(old) but do not seem to be split. I am not sure what this relay switch dose and do not know what fuse may be linked to my issue. It was running before I put it in storage.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I would test the battery first. A voltage and load test will give the info you need. Voltage should be 12.6v or higher. May just need a good charge since it sat for a bit.

realdealas

Hi, sounds like you have a starter issue, either a relay or the starter itself. the relay you mentioned is for fuel pump relay so would not be associated with your problem. if you are interested in selling one of the fuel pump relayes please let me know. thanks

Related Content You Might Like: