• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Pickup Truck Bed Cover Recommendations

Veney

I have a 2009 Tacoma and need to replace my tonneau cover. I don’t really care if it is hard or soft—at least I don’t think I care. I want water tight and durable. I have a soft right now but after 10 yrs...it has died. Thoughts?
And off topic question, I don't want to create new topic.
I have read here How to Increase Fuel Mileage on 6.7 Powerstroke? Here's a Guide! that the loaded mileage for the 6.7 is approx. 6-12 mpg (11K - 27K). I do not know if that is the computer "SWAG" or hand calculated mileage. Blah, blah, blah.

What are you getting unloaded daily driving? City/highway/combined?

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
It's all in how you use your bed. A hard cover will last for years. It looks nice, and will keep water out, but limits your bed access. You should even be able to find a used one at a good price, but you aren't going to be able to move a fridge without taking off the cover. A soft cover is much easer to remove alowing you full access to you bed. Then there is looks and what you like. I have seen both in very nice setups.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have a truxedo roll-up velcro cover for my Tundra and I'm happy with it, but I know that I can't keep anything really valuable in the bed if left out in the open because a simple knife will gain someone access into the bed.

It was just over $300 and took about an hour to install myself. Not sure why I did a 2-part video of this, but here you go.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I went to Leer dealer and employee recommended the Tuxedo cover. He has owned one a few years and it was the lowest prices cover the shop was pedalling. He pointed out the other brands would freeze at the seals in our climate making them a PIA to open. I was there looking for a handle for the hard tonneau cover i had just bought for $60. Cost me $55 for the handle

Attachments

ChiefTRDSport

I scrapped the original Toyota cover because IT WAS NOT water tight, etc. I replaced it with the Undercover (had one before) and love it. Single center handle keyed to the truck with rods latching on both sides; removable light (battery) built into cover and rod for grabbing things deep in the bed. NO LEAKS, not even dust.

Tony TRD

Take a look at BAKflip MX4, if you can afford their price. Durable folding cover that allows full access to the truck bed. Just a thought

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Take a look at BAKflip MX4, if you can afford their price. Durable folding cover that allows full access to the truck bed. Just a thought
Not a bad suggestion, my Truxedo got me about a year's use before I realize that I'm going to want a bit more security.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My tonneau cover is only seasonal. Mainly for snowboards,
It will come off once the season is over and back to firewood.
A0F0E856-A2E6-45CF-821C-52142BA104D8.jpeg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Snowboarding. We might try to take a trip before the snow melts to Colorado, the kids want to learn how to snowboard.

Related Content You Might Like: