• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

pickup shackles

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Has anyone replaced their shackles with aftermarket - something like the 4Crawler? Are they easy to install yourself?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Since I dont own a Tundra I havnt replaced mine but I have had the opportunity to do this on a brand new Tundra being used as a dealer display vehicle.
Buy an extra set of shackle bolts, due to clearance issues we had to cut one off on each side, sawzall works best, the job takes maybe an hour with a lift and air tools. Probably a little longer if your working in the driveway.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I never heard of that brand before this thread. Their websites looks like it's from 1998 ... FrontShackle1.jpg

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I heard of them through some friends and like you I went to their site. Thought the same thing.

But my friends are saying they are good. They didn't install the shackles themselves though- so they couldn't help me out with that part.

@tbplus10-- thanks for the info. An hour or so isn't bad. I'll be doing it in my own driveway.

FourWD

Yeah, it's a pretty simple thing to do yourself as long as you have access to a lift, or at least a jack that gives you ample space to work with. It's just a matter of taking off nuts and bolts, and putting them back on. It's a walk in the park.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Yeah, it's a pretty simple thing to do yourself as long as you have access to a lift, or at least a jack that gives you ample space to work with. It's just a matter of taking off nuts and bolts, and putting them back on. It's a walk in the park.

I'll be using a jack. How much are lifts? I have been getting braver and doing more work on my truck. I am wondering if I should invest in one. I want to do more and more work myself on it anyway.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I'll be using a jack. How much are lifts? I have been getting braver and doing more work on my truck. I am wondering if I should invest in one. I want to do more and more work myself on it anyway.

Thats great if you work with yourself you save more money and also you will new skills

Related Content You Might Like: