• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Oil pressure loss on Toyota Tundra 5.7L

biglakebubba

If you have a Toyota tundra and have lost your oil pressure, read this;
I recently had a near total loss of oil pressure on my 08 tundra. After a tow and investigation, it was found that my oil filter element was collapsed. This only applies to oil filter elements, not spin on filters. Apparently, a technician left out a removable pipe that sits in the main channel of the element. It is hard to imagine how it happened since the old filter had a pipe and the new one came with the pipe.
So, when you have your tundra serviced, keep an eye on the oil pressure gauge and low oil light. Good luck. biglakebubba

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
??? Did you get a picture of this, what happened? How long did you drive with diminished oil pressure?

biglakebubba

Freaky huh? I am attaching a pic of the filter. It may be a very short video as i had the camera in video mode. So, the truck went about three miles. What is interesting, the pressure did not drop and light did not come on for 60 miles. It took a good long time to become symptomatic. Thanks for the reply

Attachments

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow. Willing to bet its not supposed to do that. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Did it do any long term / premature damage to the engine I wonder?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Related Content You Might Like: