• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Off road shock valving is similar to Drag Racing Shock Valving

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
Just thought I'd share what I've learned this year regarding shock valving for off road trucks. I come to this hobby with experience of my last hobby, drag racing. Well, I mostly built a great handling all around car, but a lot of my buddy's built drag race only cars.

With a drag car, first thing you do the suspension if on a budget is pull the sway bar. Then as funds permit you get adjustable shocks up front. You want very little rebound so that the front end lifts. So far everything is exactly as it would be if building off road suspension.

For the rear it's a little different since you add more compression to the passenger side than the driver. But otherwise it too is pretty close. You want the rear of the car to squat slightly, not lift as was the theory in the 60's and 70's.

It's crazy how similar the 2 suspension setups are. It makes me really think about going out drag racing in my off road truck!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Just thought I'd share what I've learned this year regarding shock valving for off road trucks. I come to this hobby with experience of my last hobby, drag racing. Well, I mostly built a great handling all around car, but a lot of my buddy's built drag race only cars.

With a drag car, first thing you do the suspension if on a budget is pull the sway bar. Then as funds permit you get adjustable shocks up front. You want very little rebound so that the front end lifts. So far everything is exactly as it would be if building off road suspension.

For the rear it's a little different since you add more compression to the passenger side than the driver. But otherwise it too is pretty close. You want the rear of the car to squat slightly, not lift as was the theory in the 60's and 70's.

It's crazy how similar the 2 suspension setups are. It makes me really think about going out drag racing in my off road truck!

nice, thanks for the post

Related Content You Might Like: