• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

OEM or after market?

paulmars

Ive seen a lot of recommendations for denso COPs and Im interested, but how can you know they are not counterfeit? I see my two local auto stores selling them for more then my toyota parts dept sells OEM. Then i see this site. DensoProducts.com Selling denso COPs cheaper then dealer OEM. But is that site really Denso, direct from the manufacturer?

I need the electrical plastic plug that plugs into the COP. Dealer parts 10$ each. Someone needs to make a quality aftermarket, but who?

ditto gas cap or just the rubber. mine dried out. Dealer 32$. Ouch.

Also manifold gasket. Are there any good aftermarket?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
IMHO, it's more than likely that you can trust the OEM parts available from the Toyota dealer to NOT be counterfeit and will fit properly. OTOH, there is a massive number of fake/counterfeit parts being produced that are not necessarily correct or dependable. There are even fake NGK spark plugs being sold on Amazon & eBay.

But the choice is yours. Spend more money on something you can trust, or save a couple of bucks on something you can't trust.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've noticed that OEM prices online are in the same ballpark with aftermarket these days. It's not like it was 15 years ago when OEM was 2x or 3x aftermarket. So there's that.

Related Content You Might Like: