• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Noco Gb40 1000 Amp Ultrasafe Lithium Ion Jump Starter - Review Of My New Battery Booster Pack

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Been looking for another Booster Battery Pack since my last one died a year or so ago. I can't remember the brand name of the unit I had, but it was big, heavy, and kind of bulky. It did the job when needed but the booster battery did not last very long between charges. So since I am a gadget kind of person, I wanted another and started my research. The technology has changed quite a bit since my last booster pack purchase. I ran across the "1000 Amp UltraSafe Lithium Ion Jump Starter" from NOCO - specifically the model GB40. It's small, lightweight, and is Lithium powered. Just the right size for my needs.

Ordered one a couple of weeks ago and I'm impressed. This model was a little pricey, but if you search around you can find some good deals. At this time the MSRP is $124.95, but I found it online for $95 shipped to my door. I'm impressed to say the least. Impressed so that I'm ordering another for the wife's car. Simple enough for her to use if needed - without the worry of her hooking it up backwards.

I do keep my jumper cables handy just in case their needed. I have one GB40 unit it in my Tundra and I pack it in my motorcycle bag in case I, or anyone else, ever needs a jump start. It will also charge my electronic devices if needed. Pretty good piece of mind when out on the road or in the middle of nowhere. So far I have jumped started my neighbors lawn tractor and a friends car - no problem.

Tech specs for NOCO:
The GB40 is a compact, yet powerful 1,000 Amp lithium-ion jump starter that delivers 7,000 Joules of starting power. Its patented safety technology features spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection making it safe for anyone to use. Designed for use with gas engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters and doubles as a portable power source for recharging smartphones, tablets and more.
  • Compact, yet powerful lithium jump starter rated at 1,000 Amps (7,000 Joules3S) - up to 20 jump starts on a single charge
  • An ultra-safe and mistake-proof design with spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection, which allow it to safely connect to any battery
  • An ultra-bright 100 lumen LED flashlight with 7 light modes, including SOS and Emergency Strobe
  • Recharge your personal devices on the go, like smartphones, tablets, e-watches and more - up to 4 smartphone recharges
  • Designed for gas engines up to 6 Liters and diesel engines up to 3 Liters for cars, boats, lawn mowers and more

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow. $95 for a unit like this is pretty impressive. What's the life of one of these?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Wow. $95 for a unit like this is pretty impressive. What's the life of one of these?
Since it's a Lithium battery it should last many years. After a full charge - NOCO states it will stay charged for up to a year. When it is run down from jump starting, excessive use, or running electronics, just charge it up again and you are good to go. Like any battery though, if it's abused, it will cut down on its life span.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
We use them in the salt mine. They work grate. The ones down there are much bigger, but if you are out in the middle of nowhere they are a life saver.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
We use them in the salt mine. They work grate. The ones down there are much bigger, but if you are out in the middle of nowhere they are a life saver.
I see they offer a GB150 unit which is 4000amps - is that close to what they use?

Related Content You Might Like: