• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Next Vehicle is going to be a Toyota Highlander

Brad

100 Posts
Well, after much thinking time and a lot of questions asked, I think I'll be getting the Highlander. I've watched tons of videos on YouTube and it looks like the vehicle I've always wanted.

Do you think this is good choice?

Chase

It depends on what you want of course, but seems like you set your mind already. If you know what you want, you can't really go wrong with the Highlander anyway, so congratulations!

Brad

100 Posts
It depends on what you want of course, but seems like you set your mind already. If you know what you want, you can't really go wrong with the Highlander anyway, so congratulations!
I want a vehicle which is reliable off-road, has a nice amount of space and is pretty good as a general vehicle.

Wakita46

I have recently decided on a Highlander myself. Mine is on order and I should get it in January. You mention that "I want a vehicle which is reliable off-road". I am getting the AWD XLE with 5000 lb towing capacity and plan to do a lot of camping. I am confident that it will be able to handle some mud or snow but I don't really think of it as off road capable. The 4runner is better for that but I wanted the better gas mileage of the Highlander.

KenRon

TTC Chicks
I am trying to decide between a Toyota Highlander and a Honda Odyssey to take multiple cross country trips. The Odyssey has more storage room since the rear seats fold into a compartment but the Highlander appears to be a smoother ride; however more expensive. I have a concern that I will be pushing the towing limit on the Odyssey to tow my Cheyenne Coleman Camper; about gw of 3000 lbs. Does anyone have any experience with towing with either?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I am trying to decide between a Toyota Highlander and a Honda Odyssey to take multiple cross country trips. The Odyssey has more storage room since the rear seats fold into a compartment but the Highlander appears to be a smoother ride; however more expensive. I have a concern that I will be pushing the towing limit on the Odyssey to tow my Cheyenne Coleman Camper; about gw of 3000 lbs. Does anyone have any experience with towing with either?
What route are you planning on taking for these cross country trips? I assume in the us?

I think you'll get better answers if you start a new thread on this subject.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been looking at the highlander off and on for a long time. If the towing rating were higher it would be something I would have already gotten.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Brad, just in case you haven't yet bought a Highlander, I want to let you know that the Highlander is an outstanding vehicle, but it most certainly is NOT an off-road vehicle. The suspension, tires and AWD system were not designed for off-roading (as compared to the Tacoma or 4Runner). Plus, it doesn't have sufficient ground clearance in the middle of the vehicle. The HL is perfectly adequate for gravel or smooth (no deep ruts) dirt roads--and snow of course--but I would never take our HL on the trails we take the 4Runner on.

I've seen the term "soft-roading", and that's a great term to describe the off-pavement use/abilities for a Highlander.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Good point, the AWD systems are great for traction and maybe upwards of gravel, snow and ice. Not great for pure off-road if that's what you're looking for.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
My best friend has a Highlander and loves it. It's more of a 'family car' for her and her two children, but it works really well for her in that sense. They just wanted a well-functioning SUV that was roomy enough for her and her two kids. Toyotas hold their value well and her and her husband tend to change up cars pretty often, so I think that really appealed to her. It's a great car. I've ridden in it a few times and I'd definitely look into one myself someday.

Related Content You Might Like: