• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

newbie here- 96' toyota tacoma

chuckr

Hey,

Just found this site on Google and I'm stoked to be here. I'm based in Philadelphia, PA and work in the bicycle industry doing online sales. I just bought my first pick up truck in July 2012 and it's a badass 96' Toyota Tacoma. It has 77k miles on the engine and the body. Pictures are in the album I created in my profile and I'll include one here as well:

photo 2.jpg

I added a camper top that my uncle gave me in August and now it looks like so:

photo 4.jpg

When I was looking for a car to get from A-B I wasn't really looking for something like this, but as soon as I saw it posted on Craigslist I was on my way to the guys house to check it out and make an offer. I got a good deal- $1k under KBB value. An older guy bought it new in 1996, drove it for 40k, he passed away and his wife kept it garaged and barely touched it for years. She then sold it to a guy my age in Langhorne, PA and he put another 35k on it, and now here I am at 77k. Only downside to this truck is it's 4 Cyl. and only 2WD, but for me in the city it's fine. Not much terrain to navigate in Philadelphia.

I don't know much about trucks but now that I own one I actually really like I've been doing my research and I'm looking to do a few upgrades on here and make it even cooler.

Welp that's my intro, looking forward to speaking with members on here and learning from enthusiasts.

Later!

chuckr

Hey thanks. First thing I need to do is new tires. My local shop says the current size is pretty weird- P225/70R14 and they want to order these Mastercraft Avenger GT tires. A little digging online shows these originally came with 195/75R14, 205/75R14 and 215/70R14. I am a little over my head right now trying to figure out what's what and the differences between sizes. I wanted to lift it up and put some larger rims/tires on but I have no practical reason for doing it, I just like the look. Lifting a 2WD is a little goofy I know. That's on hold for now anyway.

Also checking out some hard tonneau covers. I'd really like fiberglass and have the paint matched but it's more than I want to spend. I like my white camper top for the summer when we go camping in the Pocono's but for the rest of the year it's not very secure. Checking out the DiamondBack hard covers and the Bakflip, not sure what I'll end up with yet.

Any recommendations on tires and tire sizing?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Welcome to the site! Please keep us updated with pictures of your truck and any recent mods or projects!

Related Content You Might Like: