• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

new wheels

mlandgraf

I just bought a 2007 Tacoma 2wd truck with wimpy little 15 inch wheels. I want to put on new 16 inch wheels and tires but I was told that they might be incompatible with the factory rotors and brakes? Does anyone know if there is a problem with new 16 inch wheels?

TruckBoy

There is no known problem by up-grating from 15 inch to 16 inch weels on your Tacoma. My brother has a Tacoma and he runs 16 incher on them since he got his track.

Archangel

I just bought a 2007 Tacoma 2wd truck with wimpy little 15 inch wheels. I want to put on new 16 inch wheels and tires but I was told that they might be incompatible with the factory rotors and brakes? Does anyone know if there is a problem with new 16 inch wheels?
Is your truck a regular or extended cab non-prerunner? That's the only late model Tacoma that comes with 15" wheels/ tires. If that's the case, then yes, 16's won't be a problem at all. The Tacoma X-runner comes from the factory with 18" wheels and tires on the same chasis. If you go 16's on the non-prerunner, I'd make sure the wheel has the right bolt pattern (5-114.3 or also known as 5-4.5) and go with a 225/60/16 tire. That should give you a little wider tire and still have a decent amount of overall ride quality

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts

Hi any updates, Did you go for 16 inch wheels and tire? is it compatible?

Related Content You Might Like: