• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Paint on Toyota RAV4

Oniemara

When/if I get my RAV, the color options they have aren't really appealing to me. I'd rather have it light green or light blue.

I often hear ridiculous values when it comes to painting a car fully, 8000-10000 for an SUV. However, I am not too concerned with the door seems and such. Although if I have to pay $8,000 for paint that's not too much of a big deal for me to get the right color... although a bit ridiculous.

That said, I have heard of these metallic paint cover decals you can get custom made. Anyone ever heard anything about that? Or should I just go to Maaco and get a 15$ paint job with Expo markers?

And one off topic question.

Trying to adjust my Dewalt DWE7491RS Dewalt DWE7491 vs. Bosch 4100 10 (the new 09): Which one’s Best? [Products Comparison] 2019 riving knife. Manual is worthless for this. There are two sets of Allen bolts - 5 total - to loosen and adjust. Well I sure am clueless how I am supposed to make this work! Loosening the bolts causes it to go fully loose. Tried different adjustments but don’t understand what the bolts actually do. Anyone have any experience with this? Not finding any info on YouTube or Google searches. Thanks!

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Those cover all stickers (over lay) have a life span of about 5 years. As for a paint job, well here is the thing. To change the color, that means, they have to paint under the hood, the inside of the doors, the door jams, and anywhere else that has been painted. Thats why it cost a lot more to change colors. Double the price of a repaint with the same color, or about that much. And what you see for a price add from Maco, is for there cheap base job, same color with no body work, on a small car. The only real way to know what it cost to do your truck, is to take it places and get estimates.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Ok, when I read "metallic paint cover decals" I thought it was something else totally. yeah, those are nice options, but are you advertising something or just wanting to change the look of the vehicle? Are you getting a new vehicle or used?

JB1025

Wrap might be a good way to go ....I have a 2018 Rav 4 wanted the electric blue color but since i went thru Costco buying program had only a couple choices as what Dealer had in stock got the dark gray should have made them trade with another dealer but did not push it . My 93 Toyo p/u is almost same color so wanted something different.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I was not familiar with wraps until last week when daughter said she’s getting one. Lots of colours and themes but $5k to $7k installed:rolleyes:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I found a few sources for truck wraps and ideas. Gets the coversation moving with ideas.

1574873655029.png

1574873678292.png

1574873701460.png

1574873735072.png

1574873912055.png

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Those cover all stickers (over lay) have a life span of about 5 years. As for a paint job, well here is the thing. To change the color, that means, they have to paint under the hood, the inside of the doors, the door jams, and anywhere else that has been painted. Thats why it cost a lot more to change colors. Double the price of a repaint with the same color, or about that much. And what you see for a price add from Maco, is for there cheap base job, same color with no body work, on a small car. The only real way to know what it cost to do your truck, is to take it places and get estimates.
I've done this cheap paint job on vehicles before, but only after I did the prep work and I didn't care that it totally matched the door jams, under the hood, etc. I'll say that nothing will catch your eye more than opening the door to a truck, suv or car and seeing a dramatically different color in the door jam. lol

Related Content You Might Like: