• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Lift Kit Installed - 12" Bulletproof Tundra

12" Bulletproof lift kit installed with Toy RT 37x13.50 tires mounted on Fuel Maverick wheel 20x10 -24. The truck rides very nice, seems to be a little sluggish due to the extra weight of tires. May be adding a supercharger and 4.88 gears in the future for some added power !

IMG_1160.JPG

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think that I am on the fence on the question of whether or not I would want to try one of these lift kit projects at home. On one hand, it's not exactly the same thing as doing major engine modifications and upgrades all the way to swapping out cams rebuilding an engine, things like that. But however, it's not just simply swapping out wheels and tires, or even doing exhaust. Those aren't terribly difficult, but the people who do them comma on a daily basis do them so well and so fast and so cheap for their service there's no reason to not use one of those types of companies to get things done. Getting a lift kit in my opinion is kind of in between, cuz there are so many suspension shops or wheel and brake and tire shops that can do this, or general automotive places that specialize in Lyft and off-road types of installations, why not use them to have things done. Plus you're dealing with the suspension which if you get something wrong totally changes the ride-and-drive of the vehicle. So I think I would probably have somebody do it, I'm in the market now for a new house, hopefully big enough to get a full-size tundra in the driveway so I'll be looking to get this done within a few months after I get that vehicle.

I think that I am on the fence on the question of whether or not I would want to try one of these lift kit projects at home. On one hand, it's not exactly the same thing as doing major engine modifications and upgrades all the way to swapping out cams rebuilding an engine, things like that. But however, it's not just simply swapping out wheels and tires, or even doing exhaust. Those aren't terribly difficult, but the people who do them comma on a daily basis do them so well and so fast and so cheap for their service there's no reason to not use one of those types of companies to get things done. Getting a lift kit in my opinion is kind of in between, cuz there are so many suspension shops or wheel and brake and tire shops that can do this, or general automotive places that specialize in Lyft and off-road types of installations, why not use them to have things done. Plus you're dealing with the suspension which if you get something wrong totally changes the ride-and-drive of the vehicle. So I think I would probably have somebody do it, I'm in the market now for a new house, hopefully big enough to get a full-size tundra in the driveway so I'll be looking to get this done within a few months after I get that vehicle.
Plus if you install and something goes wrong with it, you are responsible for it. The company that installed my kit is an authorized installer for Bulletproof and if something should go wrong they are responsible for it !

How did it affect the ride and drive?
The truck rides beautifully but the newly added weight of the larger tires has definitely taken away some of the horsepower. You can feel the difference and one way to correct this problem would be to change the stock 4.30 gears out for new 4.88 gears.

Related Content You Might Like: