• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Husqvarna Lawn Mower - Lc221a Awd (video Review)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Picked up a new husky lawn mower today. Awd should help on the sloped side yard, at least that's what I told the wife.

FB_IMG_1494703121858.jpg

EDIT: Video Added.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They had this model with the Briggs and stratton engine on sale for 299, they're Honda engine models didn't get this 15% discount. I took a video of it, runs really sweet.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Briggs & Stratton and Honda seem to be the biggest names in mower engines now days. Almost every mfgr makes their own decks and accessories but motivate them with one of those two.
I've got a Wal-Mart mower with a Honda engine.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Close to what I expected, I thought Briggs & Stratton would be leading though, with Honda #2.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
From my experience, that graph looks about right. I have 2 Kohler engines, 1 Kawasaki, 1 Briggs, and 1 Tecumseh. For some reason I go towards the Kohler engines, just a personal preference - never had a bit of problem out of any.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I think this chart is everything from small string trimmer engines all the way to a 500cc motorcycle engine. So would make sense that Honda has the edge. Not sure why husky never got their entire product line into the north American market. When I was a kid my dad almost only had husqvarna chain saws for example. They make motorcycles too, but never have seen one.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Did an unboxing and first cut video of the new mower. Really pleased with it thus far. Should be ready to view in the next few minutes.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Never had my lawn look so good. Spread out some southern lawn food last week and two days of rain it looks great.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Still have this mower, still runs great, but I did lose one of the plastic pieces that makes it mulch better, so I might make one out of wood so that it's more durable from the 1" branches that I sometimes run over.

Jimmy

Did an unboxing and first cut video of the new mower. Really pleased with it thus far. Should be ready to view in the next few minutes.

I purchased this lawn mower in September 2019 and it has been broken most of the time. The problem has been with the Briggs & Stratton engine with excessive vibration causing large plastic parts to fall off and major restarting problems. The first 2 B&S authorized dealerships would not make the repairs because they didn’t sell the mower to me. I finally contacted B&S warranty and was told that where I bought did not matter. Yesterday (7-13-20) I went to a 3rd authorized dealer that took the mower in but immediately started telling me what B&S wouldn’t pay for. For me the the mower is a complete disappointment.

Jimmy

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Briggs and Stratton engines are absolute garbage. I am 61 years old, and have owned many, many Brigs engines and they are all garbage. I have never had a single brigs engine that was a good engine. Kohler is a good engine, Hondas are tye best, but I will never buy a mower and any power equpiment with a Brigs engine again.

Jimmy

Briggs and Stratton engines are absolute garbage. I am 61 years old, and have owned many, many Brigs engines and they are all garbage. I have never had a single brigs engine that was a good engine. Kohler is a good engine, Hondas are tye best, but I will never buy a mower and any power equpiment with a Brigs engine again.
I won’t either and I am 71 years old. I remember when B&S was the first choice.

Jimmy

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This lawn mower is still running, but some of the cheap plastic has fallen off or gotten damaged. The mulching plug and the shroud that covers the AWD belt, so when the grass is a little bit wet the propulsion system doesn't work very good.

Related Content You Might Like: