• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New header and exhaust on the '83 with photos - Toyota Pickup

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Bought a header & new Cat Converter from LCE a few weeks ago and got it installed today. Removed all of the old exhaust system, installed new manifold studs in the head, added smog pump block-off plates, and finally bolted on the new cat behind LCE's connector pipe. Sounds like an open header, even with the cat installed--VERY loud. The cat is a low-restriction model made by Magnaflow. Pretty much an easy change, and LCE included some good instructions.

New cat-back exhaust added yesterday. SEE POST & PHOTOS BELOW!

Last edited:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Can't wait to see some pics. You should definitely notice a difference all the way around.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Bought a header & new Cat Converter from LCE a few weeks ago and got it installed today. Removed all of the old exhaust system, installed new manifold studs in the head, added smog pump block-off plates, and finally bolted on the new cat behind LCE's connector pipe. Sounds like an open header, even with the cat installed--VERY loud. The cat is a low-restriction model made by Magnaflow. Pretty much an easy change, and LCE included some good instructions.

Now I need a cat-back exhaust to quiet the beast down. Next week.....

No photos yet.
Good project. How long did it take?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Good project. How long did it take?
It took about 4 hours to complete. Two parts added the most time: 1) removing the old exhaust system. Bolts were rusty and a couple snapped off. 2) changing the manifold studs in the head using the 2 nut system. The old ones were in bad shape, so I'm glad I bought new ones from LCE. I think a couple of them are stripped (wouldn't torque to 33 lbs.), so I may be pulling those and essentially "gluing" them in place.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Like this (photo from LCE online catalog):
LCE header photo.jpg

Everything in that photo comes with the header. Perfect fit, which was amazing. Very pleased with every LCE product I have bought so far. Great company to work with too. All questions answered. Manifold studs and block-off plates are extra.

New cat-back exhaust system tomorrow--then pics--maybe.

Last edited:

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
HEY! PHOTOS! of the header AND the 2 1/4" cat-back exhaust. Had the exhaust installed yesterday. Took 2+ hours, but looks beautiful, if I must say so. Cost was real high, but that's what happens when there's only ONE shop in town that will build custom exhaust systems. Some of the LCE tubing had to be shortened to fit properly. Likely paint the exhaust with black high-heat paint before the rust starts.

Now the radiator has a leak. Never ends.....

18-11 New Header.JPG
18-11 New Cat Conv.JPG
18-11 Tailpipe.JPG
18-11 Old Exhaust.JPG

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Very nice system. Be nice if they would come stock with header pipes. How does it sound?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
HEY! PHOTOS! of the header AND the 2 1/4" cat-back exhaust. Had the exhaust installed yesterday. Took 2+ hours, but looks beautiful, if I must say so. Cost was real high, but that's what happens when there's only ONE shop in town that will build custom exhaust systems. Some of the LCE tubing had to be shortened to fit properly. Likely paint the exhaust with black high-heat paint before the rust starts.

Now the radiator has a leak. Never ends.....

View attachment 8416 View attachment 8417 View attachment 8418 View attachment 8419
Really does look sharp.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Very nice system. Be nice if they would come stock with header pipes. How does it sound?
I told the shop that I didn't want a "drone" on the highway, so we agreed that a Turbo muffler would NOT be as loud as a Magnaflow at 1/2 the price. It's slightly louder coming off idle and accelerating--actually sounds good--but once at a steady speed, it's only a skosh louder than stock. NO drone. I expect it may get slightly louder as the muffler ages.

ToyRV

I recently did a full exhaust on my 84 Toyota coachman... i went inexpensive .. and tapped all the bolt holes on the head and used helicoils .. ( it was leaking bad due to stripped bolts ) and purchased a SSlong header for a Four-runner and a SS cat back for a Acura RSX all for under 200.00 on fleebay.. then used my welding tools to adjust it to fit proper .. . mine is not as pretty but sounds mean .. i defiantly have a drone .. it came with the gigantic generic silencer ( AKA fartcan) . it does sound way better .. my old Cat was Church ready and so Holy the platinum pellets were falling out of it.. I also deleted the smog stuff .. as its not required where i live

fxbrokersCego

Former Member
По мере совершенствования программного обеспечения, я думаю, программисты РЖД найдут способ, как избежать такого рода инцидентов при продаже билетов онлайн на сайте РЖД. Информация на нем сменяется в автоматическом режиме и «красочно повествует» о лучших предложениях РЖД пассажирам, сапсан санкт петербург москва купить действующих на текущий момент. Однако если в 2017 году Евровидение проходило в Киеве и цены в этом направлении были очень высоки, то в 2018 году, собираясь в Киев в мае и заказывая билеты, например, в марте, пассажир рискует заплатить за прошлогодний наплыв туристов. Однако у компании есть коллективный договор и отраслевое соглашение, которое действует до 2020, купить билеты на сапсан по акции а работа Российских железных дорог регламентируется федеральным законом о ж/д транспорте. » - отвечает, что важно не покупать билеты больше, чем за 45 дней до вылета, поскольку цены на билеты формируются автоматическими программами, не способными рассчитать актуальную стоимость более чем на 45 дней. Круглосуточный заказ билетов! Жд билеты на поезд - стоимость ж. Приобретая электронные ж д билеты, сапсан купить билеты вы можете в один клик пройти электронную регистрацию.

Related Content You Might Like: