• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Car Coming To The Corral

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
When my wifes 08 HHR was totaled in 2015 we replaced it with a 2015 RAV4 XLE All wheel drive V6.
Due to a dealer issue it was replaced with a 2016 RAV4 All wheel drive V6 that now has 3200 miles on it, and sits in my warehouse.
She works out of state and drives a Prius back and forth for her bi-weekly 1300 mile commute and was driving the RAV4 when she's home.
But for the last 5 months the RAV4 hasn't even made it out of the warehouse. Lately when she's home she drives my truck or one of the other older vehicles we always have around waiting for resale.
So I made the mistake of asking what was wrong with the RAV4, and it cost me a trip to the Dodge Dealer along with $41,000.
Forgot to mention, I also told her to get whatever she wanted.
She ordered a 2017 Go Mango Dodge Challenger RT Plus with the Shaker hood Scoop option, 392 big block engine, 6spd manual transmission, black leather premium interior, Track Pack option, Black top package, stripe delete option, Harmon Kardon 18 speaker system with amp, and a mess of other options.
Luckily Dodge, and most other mfg's are in a slump right now and offering big discounts if you take delivery of an already built car.
That also means our wait time will only be 3 weeks vice the normal 12-16 to build a special order.
Did I mention I dislike Mopar products, yea, I won't even touch a Jeep built after the late 90's when they started using Chrysler parts. And I love Jeeps, so close friends will tell this says a lot.
So the RAV4 has been given to my daughter and I need to dust off the spot in the warehouse for the new orange headed problematic stepchild thats due in 3 weeks, or earlier.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds like a nice addition. Post up some pics when it arrives!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The dealership called yesterday and told me our car has arrived, the wife and I went to give it a look last night even though they were closing before we could get there. Unfortunately we couldn't find our car.
I called today to let them know I'll be there this evening to pick it up, and they told me there might be a little issue.
The car we originally ordered had been spoken for by 3 different dealerships, so they hoped we understand that they didn't deliver the exact car we ordered.
Unfortunately the vehicle they want to deliver is nothing like what we ordered, and they knew this was an issue days ago but said nothing to us. At this point I'm insisting on them giving me my $20k deposit back and I'll find an honest dealer, they unfortunately are stalling.
I'll have to see how willing they are to get us a comprable vehicle with a much better price. Gonna cost them a lot to regain my trust to deal further with them.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The dealership called yesterday and told me our car has arrived, the wife and I went to give it a look last night even though they were closing before we could get there. Unfortunately we couldn't find our car.
I called today to let them know I'll be there this evening to pick it up, and they told me there might be a little issue.
The car we originally ordered had been spoken for by 3 different dealerships, so they hoped we understand that they didn't deliver the exact car we ordered.
Unfortunately the vehicle they want to deliver is nothing like what we ordered, and they knew this was an issue days ago but said nothing to us. At this point I'm insisting on them giving me my $20k deposit back and I'll find an honest dealer, they unfortunately are stalling.
I'll have to see how willing they are to get us a comprable vehicle with a much better price. Gonna cost them a lot to regain my trust to deal further with them.
That sucks, seems like just about every other dealer is dishonest these days.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Felt like Clark Griswold buying a Family Truckster dealing with them. The car they received was not even close enough to think about. And they still want to argue about my deposit, hope I don't have to get a lawyer to jerk a knot in their butts.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Wow. I would be a bit ticked off myself. Hope you get it all worked out quick.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Finally got my deposit back from this dealership, after they tried to offer 8 different vehicles to me, 3 of which were totally different models.
I went in for a Challenger, not a Dart, or a Charger, or a Durango, and I was specific about no black, yellow, white, or battleship grey cars.
But those are what they tried to convince me I wanted.
A good friend of mine that works for a different mfgr is reaching out to trusted friends of his that work for Dodge to see what he can come up with.
I'd rather buy new since with incentives a new Challenger is priced about the same as a used with 10-15k miles.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I had a 1970 Challenger from 1982 to 1988 that I used as back up vehicle. A decent car with 318/auto (column shift), pwr steerng, pwr brakes, vinyl seats, and 68k on the odometer. It was in great shape with perfect interior, no dents or scratchs, and full maintenance records.
My girlfriend/wife adopted it as hers in 1986, and even though she had a nicer newer car, she drove the Challenger most days.
In 1988 when we transferred to Japan we couldn't afford to store it so we sold it. She's wanted another Challenger since then.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Had a chance to test drive a 2017, one owner, custom painted, Lime Green Pearl with Matt black billboards Hellcat this afternoon.
A friend that works for Southern States Toyota regional distributors knows the owner. It was purchased on a whim and the owner drove it 456 miles in 11 months. He wants $56k for it, a great deal but more than I'm willing to pay for a Challenger, even if it is a Hellcat.
Still searching.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Took possession of a 2017 Challenger RT in Go Mango with the 5.7, 8spd auto, Super Track Pack, drivers convenience group, 28h package, sound group, and U Connect 4c nav group with 8.4 display.
Also optioned with the 20" Hyper wheels and a few other options.
The end result is a dressed up RT that has the handling of an SRT.
BOUGHT the car on the sly Thursday, took the wife to Las Vegas Friday/Saturday (planned) car delivered to our driveway Saturday. Unfortunately my brother passed unexpectedly Saturday and we ended up staying until Wednesday.
Meanwhile my daughter who had no idea I bought the car went to feed our cat and almost gave my plans away.
But some quick b.s. by myself hid the plan until our return on Wednesday. Wife was surprised and one happy camper, oh, forgot to mention this was our 29th wedding anniversary on Sunday.
Yea I know pictures, don't hold your breath but I'll try asap

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Thanks, told ya I suck at posting pics, darn picture posted 3 times.
I spent yesterday replacing the chrome fuel door with a black one, adding a Big Mikes Sto & Go front plate holder, putting on black stainless steel door sil protectors, putting on front and rear strut tower braces, replacing the air intake with a modified (tig welded the airbox closed and ported it through the lower grill with flexible tube) K&N Blackhawk dryfilter air kit, added Mopar Scat Pack 1 and 2 packages consisting of cat back exhaust, calibrated pcm, cam shaft, valve springs, and H/D push rods, and finally installed a Diablo tuner.
I'm gonna try to get it on a dyno tomorrow. It started at 375hp, I've been promised with the changes done I should see 445hp+ after a tune.
I almost added the Scat Pack 3 kit for an additional 63hp, until I was informed it would prohibit the vehicle from being legal to operate on the street.
Still have to put on amber Halo lights around the headlights, foglights, and indicators. And add a new underhood fuse box cover along with doing something with the engine cover to clean it up.
My wife plans on running it at Texas Motorplex for the "Texas Redemption outlaw street car challenge" on Thanksgiving weekend.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Had the car on the Dyno Sunday, stock is 375hp @ 5150rpm and 410 @ 4300rpm.
Without a tune on the factory pcm it made 416hp @ 5350rpm and 441 @ 4400rpm.
After full tune and tweaking it ran 443hp @ 5250rpm and 459 @ 4350rpm.
A little shy of the horsepower gain I was told to expect, but it drives like a different car.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Anyone know how to get dyno runs, and other info off the Dodge Super Track pack in car computer pages?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Steve you ever take the boys to any races?
Were looking at going to the Texas Motorplex in Ennis the Friday night after thanksgiving to watch street/stock outlaw drag racing. Its the Texas Redemption outlaw street cars, Friday night is run what ya bring elimiation $20 driver entry fee.

Related Content You Might Like: