• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New awesome BADLAND WINCH on sale at, yes, Harbor Freight Tools

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Not sure how many people have seen this winch but it looks like a killer deal for a 12k winch with remote and synthetic cable. I know HFT is known as the cheap Chinese tool place but I have had excellent service from several items there. I have a floor standing drill press that I bought nearly 20 years ago that is an excellent tool that is used weekly or more. Same goes for my mini mill, sawzall and hammer drill from HFT. I have bought many "disposable" tools there that I have used for over 10 years. Getting back to the winch I think it is a great product. So far only 4 people have posted reviews and all said it is an excellent winch. Doesn't hurt to take a look and compare the features to the same size WARN. You might be surprised.

mrproduxn

100 Posts
I just found out about it in an email from HFT. I don't need one but thought it worth sharing for half the price of a Warn. My history with HFT has been surprisingly good.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I stay away from HFT, the "Chicago Tools" line they sell has not been one of my favorites.
I've had a few tools that came apart while being used, one of them was a grinder.
They have an electric chipper shredder on sale right now that I'd like to buy but I'm worried what kind of damage those blades would do if it came apart during use.
The BadLands winch does have some good ratings though. And the price is cheaper than I paid for my Ramsey REP12K over 20 years ago.

mrproduxn

100 Posts
I am not "promoting" HFT. I have bought similar tools that were "one use and dispose" tools. On the other hand I have had tremendous luck with other tools. After my last few experiences with Craftsman hand tools, sockets, ratchets, etc, I started buying the HFT impact sockets for less than Craftsman standard sockets. Never broke a HFT socket but have broken several Craftsman (made in the last 15-20 years). I still have my first set of Craftsman from 1975 that are excellent tools. When I added a room to my house and built a garage 15 years ago I bought a few things from HFT. My $89 compressor lasted well over 10 years. I still have and use the hammer drill and sawzall. I use the mouse sander at least 5 days a week. My floor drill press is used in production and is roughly 20 years old. Everything I just mentioned is between 15 and 20 years old. My HFT mini mill is used daily. Just need the $79 steel gear set to replace the plastic gears. Have made several hundred parts on it in the past 14 months. The biggest mistake I made at HFT was buying cheap electric tools when I should have bought better pneumatic tools. Lesson learned.
So don't write off everything from HFT. That winch looks like a jewel for the price. I say look at it with an open mind.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I actually have little experience with harbor freight tools. I can see they've got a storefront near me, I might drop in to check out the quality.

Related Content You Might Like: