• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Need Help: Looking For A Ski Rack For My 2014 4runner

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Happy Sunday!

This Canadian girl is finally back to 4-season weather, where she belongs ;) Season ski passes have been picked up, and we're ready to hit the slopes this winter! Well, almost. I still need a ski rack for my 4Runner. Right now, it's just me and the man toting skis, but eventually, once the kids have stopped growing, we'll be hauling 4 pairs up and down the Rocky Mountains several times each season. I'd rather spend the money upfront on a decent ski rack that will eventually accommodate all of us.

Suggestions?

Thank you!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've not had a ski rack on any vehicle since I moved south to Texas in 1999. What type of rig are you looking for, the clamp-down style, a small basket or a full-cage? Seems like there are more and more styles coming out for each new generation of skier and outdoor enthusiast.

For my $$, I look to find things that can be repurposed. For example my bumper-hitch basket had an 8-inch rise and is 60-inches wide with enough eyeloops so can be used for stacking bins and boxes, or putting in three bicycles.

Anyhow, I could only find a few examples of the "Traditional Ski Rack"

2007-toyota-4runner-ski-rack-with-yakima-fat-cat-6-ski-snowboard-carrier-2.png

rear angle.jpg

Lots of the multi-purpose racks, some with other features like light bars.

5.jpg
max_DSC_0079_737500.jpg
toyota-4-runner-2000-thule-tp54-54-inch-top.jpg

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Thank you!

I really like the Thule Snowcat. Alas, it doesn't fit the truck. Sigh. Oh well.

I might as well bite the bullet and go with clamp downs that attach to cross bars. Kayaks are on my long term shopping wish list, so I'll need flexibility and versatility when it comes to roof storage.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Huh, thought that looked funny. I did a google search for "4runner ski racks" and that popped up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Related Content You Might Like: