• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

My painter skipped the sanding step... he's not getting paid

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I was very clear with them that I'm aware that oil-based, lacquers or polyurethane finishes need to be sanded or stripped (deglossing) so the paint will adhere. The top layer is designed to not have things stick to it ... that goes for dried on pancake batter or a layer of paint that you put on over it.

I texted him WHILE they were painting that they did NOT sand down/degloss the oil-based doors. At first he said they were using a special type of paint that is designed to grip. Then later he told me that they were not oil based paint. Well, which is it?

• I took pictures before, during and after the first layer of paint they put on.
  • They NEVER sanded.
  • They NEVER deglossed.
  • I was crystal clear and stated on many many occasions in text, recorded phone call and in person that they must do things this way.

The initial work they did was adequate and they assured me that the texture work would be touched up. Anyhow, I also gave them (overpaid) on the new floor.
  • They told me they had done a lot of floors, but it's clear they have done very few.
  • They installed them backwards. It's a drop-in click & lock floor.
  • They went the wrong direction and essentially had to lift up the previous piece each and every time they put a new piece down.
  • Plus they brought their miter saw into the house and it filled the house full of sawdust.
  • That's a massive inhalation hazard and we had to stay at a hotel for longer because of it.
  • They didn't do a very good random pattern either, they ignored my clear directions for how to install.
  • They didn't cut the pieces to fit on the ends either. They wanted to come back and cut a line for the transition. Who does that?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
It is hard to find a good contractor that will do a good job these days. A lot of them just dont care. My roof is 7 years old, and I have had issues from day1. People say call them back, but they did a poor job to start with. I just fix the issues myself. At least that way, I know I will do a good job. Hell same with my truck, and 4 runner. Ill just fix it myself. Its ashame that you can trust someone to do proper work any more.

Related Content You Might Like: