• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Mower, & Lawn Equipment Thread

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just bought the mid-level Ryobi 18v trimmer/edger with an additional battery and charging station. I guess I'm going all in on the 18v Ryobi technology and so far I'm very pleased with performance, just not with battery life.

$129.99
18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer/Edger - 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included
Ryobi 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer/Edger - 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included-P2080 - The Home Depot

First 24 Hours
Having it for about 24 hours and gone through one spool full of trimmer string, I put on the "heavy brush fixed attachments" which it says is not to be used for edging ... and I promptly used it for edging purposes. Not sure what they're worried about, it did a great job of cutting through my St. Augustine grass and made some nice lines considering I'm really an entire year removed from having my yard edged properly.

Battery Life is questionable. Get another 4Ah 18v battery if you have a big yard.

However, out of the box it didn't have a full charge and I then put it back on the charger and I used my (much smaller) impact wrench and drill batteries to run it but at a full charge on the high setting they're only getting about 10 minutes. The larger battery never got fully charged and I forgot to put it back on to charge last night so after a 15-minute charge I was about to get about 10 minutes of cutting and another 20 total minutes from the smaller batteries.

That being said, it's really easy to use, the fixed plastic cutter attachments (it comes with two of them) really is impressive. and my corner-lot wraparound sidewalk yard is starting to look more polished.

Now if I just didn't step into fireants while doing this.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I'm really thinking hard about purchasing a battery powered trimmer/edged, tired of mixing fuel.
I'll probably wait until winter to take advantage of any discounts.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
now that i have four ryobi 18v batteries and three charging docks, it's better than with just one battery. Fuel you can go on just as long as you have fuel.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My next trimmer will be battery. For the little trimming its not worth the aggravation of the gas trimmer I have. Some may not be aware but there were electric tractors in the '70's as pictured here and many still running. Ryobi makes a electric riding lawn mower, a bit pricey but since maintenance is almost nil I'm sure it pays off in the long run. My gas tractor is used year round.

ElenaDeborah11

For those of you that don't live in the snow belt, we have snow shovels, snow blowers, we also have roof rakes. That's so you can take two feet of snow off your roofs so your roof don't collapse!
Screenshot_2.jpg

Related Content You Might Like: