• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

More power : Toyota Programmers?

XSPTundra

I'm looking for a programmer,control module, or chip that will give my XSP more power. I have exhaust and TRD air filter but can't afford a supercharger. Does anybody know What I can install for a around a grand to boost HP.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey, first off welcome to the site. As far as I know, Toyota does not allow for a good interface for programming the control modules like some other manufactures do. So most of the mainstream commercial outfits don't touch it. Now, I've not done any research on this for a couple of years, so maybe that's changed.

What's the year/make/model that you're looking to get more power out of?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I don't know of anything either. Maybe give your local dealer a call to see if they know of anything, besides a supercharger.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's true ... the manufacturers can't do anything about an aftermarket bolt-on device. Toyota's always been very closed-lipped about their software though.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
That's too bad that they don't allow for more stuff like access to these programmer companies. It's nice to be able to modify, maybe their software wasn't designed for that though?

Yoda2

Believe it or not you can get a supercharger for under a grand. You'll just likely have to do it yourself if you don't plan on spending much.

Call around to certain junk yards/scrap yards. Many of them will be very happy to give it to you for cheap so it doesn't just sit around collecting dust, or having to sell it for scrap metal value.

Bare in mind, the chance at finding one at a scrap yard is pretty rare. Most junkyards take the blowers out with the motors and try to sell it all as a whole, others are more willing to separate the blower from the engine. It is a pretty rare thing to find sitting in the junk yard, but it's certainly worth a try.

You can also try craigslist or eBay.

As far as chips. Look into the company Unichip. I don't have experience with them, but I hear good things.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I never realized you could find a supercharger for under a grand. Thanks for sharing Yoda2. I think I might start shopping around for a supercharger too. Glad to know you don't need big bucks for some of this stuff.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I just briefly looked at the unichip website ... that's a whole different methodology than the programmers. That's really replacing the module with something hotter, instead of programming the module that you already have.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I don't know of anything either. Maybe give your local dealer a call to see if they know of anything, besides a supercharger.

i didn't yet tried using supercharger, I wonder if you experience using it and what is the effects on your truck?

MickyD

Would love to know more on this guys and gals! I know that Toyota is one of the hardest programming to tap into from what I have heard!

Related Content You Might Like: