• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Mods done to 2019 Tundra so far

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
1) added the tri-fold Toyota tonneau cover and the TRD rear sway bar as part of the original purchase deal.
2) Rock Warrior wheels & 10-ply Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires from our old Land Cruiser. Again part of purchase deal.
3) Weathertech floor mats in front. Nothing else works as well.
4) Line-X spray-in bed liner.
5) removed the original front "splash shield" (useless junk) and added the TRD Pro front skid plate, which I believe improved the aerodynamics slightly.
6) lots of dust got in the bed when we 4-wheeled Moab, so yesterday I added the Extang Maxseal kit to the openings around the tailgate.

That's all for now. I'll report on how well that Extang seal kit keeps out the dust.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
1) added the tri-fold Toyota tonneau cover and the TRD rear sway bar as part of the original purchase deal.
2) Rock Warrior wheels & 10-ply Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires from our old Land Cruiser. Again part of purchase deal.
5) removed the original front "splash shield" (useless junk) and added the TRD Pro front skid plate, which I believe improved the aerodynamics slightly.
6) lots of dust got in the bed when we 4-wheeled Moab, so yesterday I added the Extang Maxseal kit to the openings around the tailgate.

That's all for now. I'll report on how well that Extang seal kit keeps out the dust.
Pics. Not sure how i missed this thread.

toyotasrule

100 Posts

Nice. What's the maxseal kit?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Nice. What's the maxseal kit?
The Extang Maxseal kit is some interesting shaped rubber weatherstripping with 3M tape on the back. The online instructions show how to install the kit on many specific vehicles (Toyota, Ford, Chevy, etc.). The idea is to seal the gaps between the tailgate and the bed. Makes it a bit harder to close the tailgate, but it appears to seal real good. You get just enough to do the job--only had about 6" left over. I haven't driven on any dusty roads since I started this thread, so I still can't report on how good a job it does.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The Extang Maxseal kit is some interesting shaped rubber weatherstripping with 3M tape on the back. The online instructions show how to install the kit on many specific vehicles (Toyota, Ford, Chevy, etc.). The idea is to seal the gaps between the tailgate and the bed. Makes it a bit harder to close the tailgate, but it appears to seal real good. You get just enough to do the job--only had about 6" left over. I haven't driven on any dusty roads since I started this thread, so I still can't report on how good a job it does.
Pics. I can't invision this.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Nice way to stay busy and off the streets huh? Lol
And it also keeps the dust out of the bed! Yes it does! When we took the Tundra off-roading in Moab a few months ago, an amazing pile of dust came into the bed from the gap around the tailgate. Not any more.:)

Related Content You Might Like: