• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Manual Trans Sticky Downshift

Pete

On many occasions I have had to muscle the stick out of 6th or 5th gear on hills. Seems to also occur on 1-2hr trips at highway speeds. Dealer says NTF at both 5k and 10k service(?) Anyone else experience this?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I know a few owners of these trucks, first time I've heard of a problem like this.
I wonder if the dealership has really tried to replicate the problem or is just happy saying "NTF".
I'm fortunate enough to live in an area where theres about 6 dealerships within 35 miles of my house, so it real easy to say "find another shop thats serious about customer satisfaction".
Many times dealers get complacent, believing their the only game around, this leads to poor customer service, lets face facts warranty work pays much less than Fee For Service, any dealership would be crazy to commit their service bays to low paying warranty work when they can get higher paying work. Warranty work is saved for lean times when Fee For Service isn't coming in the door.

ChiefTRDSport

On many occasions I have had to muscle the stick out of 6th or 5th gear on hills. Seems to also occur on 1-2hr trips at highway speeds. Dealer says NTF at both 5k and 10k service(?) Anyone else experience this?
I have a manual too but have not had any problems at all. I would like to put in a short shifter though. Need info on Hurst vs URD. I’m just past 20,000 mi so maybe more break in on yours.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Not trying to defend the dealer, but no dealer is going to do a 1-2 hour test drive at highway speeds to try and reproduce this problem.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Have you changed out the manual gear oil lately? May be time for some fresh oil. Worth a shot.

Related Content You Might Like: